Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1 
windfire

Smile My New Sorority Competition Tank

hey folks so its been awhile since i posted but thought i'd share my sorority competition tank with you. i've been trying to get one up and running but things kept getting in the way and then i lost a female and when i tried to replace her i ended up with a plakat male. that being said i finally got it going and now have 7 girls. as you can see the tank will eventually be quiet heavily planted and it needs to be ready by june for the competition i've entered but all in all im happy with the progress. the girls are still bickering amongst themselves as i had to replace one that turned out to be male. i found a guy not far from me that is breeding and bought 3 to round out my group, they were quite young when i got them and we couldnt be 100% sure they were all female. sure enough one tuned out to be male so i returned him for a female and then found 2 i couldnt decide between so i got both lol. i have now got 2 double tails, 1 crown tail, 1 comb tail and 3 super delta x halfmoons. i cant get many decent pics of them since they always on the go but i'll include one or two. please klet me know what you think
Attached Images

windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #2 
mhxistenz

I love the trees! Are they real plants?
mhxistenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #3 
windfire

thanks jup they are all real plants. i cant stand the fake stuff. the rock detail i built myself from stone i scavenged from a building site and the glass is sea glass i collected while on holiday. the ladies really seem to like it. theres a hidden filter in the back and the tank is about 70L. the substrate is ADA Aquasoil, which is really cool stuff. theres a bit of algae but i kinda like it, it makes the trees look more natural
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #4 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

All i can say is: AWESOME!
How many gallons is your tank?
How many females you have in there?
Did you put them all at once?
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #5 
windfire

Thank you, im hoping it will be a winner. The tank works out to be about 20g or so and there are 7 girls in there. the 2 double tails and 1 crown tail were the first to go in as i had got them first and was trying to keep them in my 1.2 heaavily planted but they were being bullied so i moved them to the competition tank earlier than i wanted to. then 2 of the super deltas followed and finally the comb tail female and the other super delta female were the last. i took everyone out the tank first and then introduced the new ladies first and then the old ones since i cant really change anything.