Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #1 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Have you dream of a place where all threads are answered?

Hi
lately i been seeing a lot of unanswered threads and i was wondering why?
Questions are too silly or ideas too crazy or is so bad to help people that know less than you do and wants to learn?
Come on lets be honest there is some people here with an incredible amount of knowledge and some other like me that don't know much about fish keeping but as stated before, wants to learn.
No one is obligated to answer but please let's collaborate for the well being of other people pets and our own, even do i know every single thread can't be answered by the same person, there is thousand of members at Bettafish.com.
People like me that are new to fish keeping can give so little to no advice because we are not certain if we would do more harm than good.

And that is just my 2 cents.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #2 
Tazman
TFK Moderator

Generally I regularly look at unanswered threads and if I can answer them I will or provide a link to an active thread discussing the same topic.

"People like me that are new to fish keeping can give so little to no advice because we are not certain if we would do more harm than good."

That is what the forum is here for, to ask questions and provide information / help. Ask your question and someone will provide an answer from their experience, if that information works in your situation then by all means use it. If it is not quite what you are looking for, then someone will provide that information.
If I can any information, I learn from this site, I will double check if possible.

Research online in respect to your question and then if you cannot find a definitive answer then ask on here.

Hope this helps.
Tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #3 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #4 
Inga

I too will often try to get to threads that have not been answered but no sense guessing at the answer if I do not know. Sometimes I think they get over looked if it isn't busy when you post the thread and then it gets off the "new posts" first page. Admittedly, this is how I frequent the site. New posts.

I am sorry if your original thread was over looked but please do not give up. This forum is amazing for helping others who are new to the hobby. Amazing people here willing to share their knowledge. I have learned so much here during my stay and I hope that you will as well. Also, hope you hang around once you have learned things to share with other newbies. :)
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #5 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I sometimes go through threads with no answers.. Unless I'm totally clueless I'll answer, try and find a link talking about the same topic, if there is something I'm not sure of myself I will always say that after.. Sometimes I just tell the person to message a very experienced member about their thread :p Usually after one person replies more people get going on something too so that's always good.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #6 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I try and answer as many threads as i can but since i don't know so much about fish keeping, is a little bit harder for me to answer them all with an accurate answer.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #7 
Mo

I try an d answer as many threads as I can but being relatively un experienced (unless we are talking about plants) i cannot answer them.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #8 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Trust me this is not about my threads but everybody elses, that are not answered and i wouldn't like no one to quit at fish keeping or not know how to properly take care of their fish.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

I only look at the first page in each section. Since I'm in a different time zone to most of you guys, threads are generally answered before I get to them, because they are asked while I'm in bed. :p

When I don't answer a thread, it's usually because I don't know the answer, but I'll confess I have days where I won't look at threads I'm not interested in, or I'm too tired or too busy.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #10 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

That is so honest of you. Thank you so much.
I hope everybody get their questions answered.