Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #11 
BETTACHKALOVE

I also don't see any sing of swim bladder. He is not bloated.
I really would try aquarium salt. It also has antibacterial/antifungal effect.
If you decide medications i really recommending the combination of TETRACYCLINE AND FUNGUS ELIMINATORE since he might have bacterial infection secondary to fungus. And the combinations will treat both.

But i think if you already treated him not sure how long time ago it kind of too much medications. I would try to put him in smaller container and do aquariums salt. It will be less stressful for him.

Put him in smaller container. Also i am not sure what is the temperature buy i would keep about 76*. Fungus get worse with warmer temperature.

Pre mix 2 tsp/gall aquariums salt and do daily 100% water changes . Aquarium salt can be no longer than 10 days. You need to pre mix it in one gall jug , shake, make sure it dissolved.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #12 
BETTACHKALOVE

i also want to say that not a lot of people / forums know right recommendations on dosage/treatment of the aquarium/epsom salts. I think this forum is very unique because of knowledge that we have about that. I think Oldfishlady introduced us to it.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #13 
Bettafanatic647

Alright, I'll sctratch the SB treatment. Hes just swimming around funky like he might have a SB issue. Where would I be able to find the Jungle Fungus meds? My local Petco and Petsmart carry a very limited stock of meds, but I can check my LFS. As to the lump on his head, I've never noticed it. When hes swimming around you don't see it unless you have your face pressed against the glass. It isn't very big at all. This little guy is my favorite, hes the sweetest thing. Eats out of my hand, does all kinds of tricks, and lets you pet him. I feel so bad for him, he doesn't deserve any of this at all. Do you think I'm not curing it all the way since it keeps recurring or could there be an underlying issue causing this?
Bettafanatic647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Go with the full treatments - usually if it says 3 days you can use it for 1-2 weeks (ask others about it... most treatments can go to I think 10-14 days)... I try to do a treatment to the very end, and if it does nothing I try finding something else. If it does work and goes away, I tend to use it for a few days after to make sure it is gone.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #15 
BETTACHKALOVE

You wrote he swimming around funky. Does he also trying to rub his body against anything?

I wish you try aq salt instead of medicate him again. I know you wrote that you already treated him with aq salt before. But if you didn’t use right dosage/duration it might be the reason it didn’t help.
Fungus Eliminator you can order 888-373-8686.

I also think with him being sick many times you need to do more than 25% water changes a week.

Good luck. Give us update :)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #16 
Bettafanatic647

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
You wrote he swimming around funky. Does he also trying to rub his body against anything?

I wish you try aq salt instead of medicate him again. I know you wrote that you already treated him with aq salt before. But if you didnít use right dosage/duration it might be the reason it didnít help.
Fungus Eliminator you can order 888-373-8686.

I also think with him being sick many times you need to do more than 25% water changes a week.

Good luck. Give us update :)
Okay, if you want me to I'll try it while I wait for the Fungus Eliminator since I have a carton on hand. Your dosing kind of confused me, whats the correct dosage again? I normally disolve it in 4 cups of water, but I'll do a gallon this time.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #17 
BETTACHKALOVE

2 teaspoons/gall. It really better to dissolve it in the 1 gall jug for the right dosage. Shake it well make sure it dissolved. Make 100% daily water changes. It is recommended to finish 10 days course of it, once you started.

Also the reason I asked if he rubbing his body against anything just to make sure it not external parasites. When fish has external parasites’ they dart around and try to rub against the objects. Also sometimes when they have external parasites’ it can go together with fin rot, tail biting etc.. His physical appearance doesn’t look like he has it but since you wrote he swimming funky I just want to make sure it not it….
Old 05-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #18 
BETTACHKALOVE

I just called the number that i posted to order Fungus Eliminator and they don't carry it any longer.

But long time ago when i was looking for it i just went to my lockal pet store. And i asked them to order it. So if you can't find it anywhere than may be it good idea to ask your pet store . Sometimes they have more access ...
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #19 
Bettafanatic647

Thats alright, I found the Fungus Clear fizz tabs by Jungle. As soon as I got home I went up to check on him, ya know how I posted that pic with the arrows pointing to those red spots? Well the fins are all fuzzy there and the fin above it is just dead and floppy. I am about to do a 100% water change, and I'm thinking I need to add some Fungus Clear. Any objections or other ideas?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

fizz tabs are awesome :) putting my 2 cents in on that lol

sounds like severe fin rot... but that is usually from bad water quality. what is the reading on your water?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote