Oh boy! Babies! Haha. We'll see how that goes
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #12 
Shirleythebetta

I have five right now!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #13 
Leighla

After further investigation, I just got the mollies yesterday, and I believe that the girlie is preggers! She has the more boxy shape and the dark spot on her tush near the anal fin. :) I could be just paranoid, and id provide a pic for anyone's opinions but I Unfortunatly dropped my iPhone in a glass of water last night and it's not only funky still but the camera is clouded with water :( any advice would be appreciated
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #14 
MollyJean

advice - new camera. :( and a pic would help cause it's hard to tell by description. But keep an eye on her and if she gets bigger over the next 2 weeks or gives birth... well then you'll know. It takes 4 weeks.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #15 
NoahG

I dropped my iPod in water once: leave it tipped at an angle (or even upright if you can) so the bottom is facing downwards. Doing that mine actually drained and suffered no permanent effects.

Not sure if it's still an option, but it's worth a shot. Or if you have insurance through your cell provider they may be able to get you a new phone.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #16 
Shirleythebetta

The girls get a boxy kind of shape when they get pregnant So you probably got some babies on the way. If you want to try and give them a chance then seperate them from mom. I don't seperate them. I keep the filter off and do extra water changes and give them something that only they can fit into for hiding.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #17 
Leighla

My camera not on my phone was dead, but over the day, my phone has dried, the pics aren't awesome still, but I think you can see her good enough?

Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #18 
Shirleythebetta

She may be pregnant. I don't have experience with balloon molly's though. Only time will tell. If she is pregnant you could end up with five babys two days after purchase like I did :)
Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #19 
Leighla

Still not the greatest pics but my lighting is funky. Here's the original molly i was talking about with the previous pics, then I got two more females today, and I believe the dalmation molly is pregnant too, but I'm new at this so I'm not sure. She's the only dalmation molly I have, the others are balloon molly's. I noticed both of them are kinda sticking to the corners, or up by the heater.
Anybody wanna give me your opinions? Help a sista out! haha.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #20 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
They are great fish. Fun to watch and I have even heard of them getting up to 6 inches in the right conditions!
I saw a molly at LEAST 6" at my LFS
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, molly, tank mate