Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #1 
MollyJean

I got a rocket.

So I needed better filters for my tanks, and decided to try out the -Rocket Filter- I keep seeing on Aquabid. I got 3 different sizes, one of the big ones for my 30 gallon tank, a smaller one for my 10 gallons and decided to get a betta saver Fry saver to put in my 1 gallon hospital tanks if I need to.

I'm going to test these babies out, see how they do. I'm hoping they're as good as advertised, and if they are, I will be getting more, but for now, I want to know if anyone else has gotten any of these, tried them, heard anything. I am curious. I'll post my results here as I go.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2 
MollyJean

I just got these in the mail, a nice big box with a bunch of little filters. First reaction.. they are pretty! I wouldn't mind having these in my tanks, they're good looking, sleek and not too big. The largest one, that goes up to 60 gallons, is the size of a soda can, just about, and the smallest one is the size of a bottle of betta pellets. Very neat and uniform.. but looks aren't everything. I'm going to have to put one in a tank to see how it goes. Deciding which tank.. hmm. And wondering if I can get my brother to set it up, my back is out.. omg so hard to do ANYTHING like this!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

Quick question~! How reasonable were the prices? :o
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #4 
Micho

Pictures would be nice, no idea what they look like!
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #5 
MollyJean

The micro pumps that cover a 10 gallon tank easily were 12 dollars, the medium, that covers up to 60 gallons was 20, and the fry saver, that's supposed to be safe for betta fry was 10 dollars. And there's shipping. I took a risk and got a bunch of them, under the premises that if they're weak, I'll put them in hospital tanks. If you buy more then 4 the shipping is free, so I have no idea what shipping would have been otherwise.

http://www.aquaresearchcenter.com/
That's the site, click on this:

NEW CONCEPT IN
FILTRATION:
"Rocket Filter" tm

I'll upload some photos of mine soon, going to the doc to see what she can do about my back >.<