Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #21 
LinkLover

Haha you guys... MollyJean, there would be no end to the yelling if my fiance said he didn't care. Luckily for me, he does and also loves his fish. He basically let's me get what fish I want, as long as I can handle the work. And Enkil, that's good to know. The only reason I'm being forced to put a hold on my rescues is lack of homes for them. I would have a rescue all the time if I had people who were willing to take them on a consistent basis.

Last edited by LinkLover; 05-10-2012 at 06:25 AM.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #22 
Enkil

I currently have 4 boys and 3 females. At the moment, I have room for 1 more male and a couple females.
My daughter also has a tank with a male combtail in it named Hannibal. He's actually pretty large to, easily over 2 inches.

On top of encouraging my betta habit, my other half just helped me get a puppy to raise as my service dog. He knows that I'm going to be getting another tank. He just does better when I don't let him know the price of things. XD We have separate money for the most part and he encourages me to spend some on myself. It's not something I've done in the past and I still don't like to do it much, but it's easier with his backing me.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #23 
LinkLover

Oh nice! Good that you're bringing your daughter into it too. :D And good for him, that's great that he is so supportive and encourages you to do things for yourself sometimes. I am the same way as you, I hardly EVER do anything for myself, cause it makes me feel guilty. Animals are pretty much the only thing I do, and even then I just like to take the sad looking or sick ones.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #24 
Enkil

I've had one for my little girl off and on for the last few years. She went through 4 before we got Hannibal. Always adult ones. Before Hannibal, they were red VTs. Hannibal has proven very hardy. He's large and beautiful. Been through a lot too. Have doctored him more than once. One time he tore off his entire dorsal. It is now back in.
I love bettas. They make me feel better and help me center myself when I'm here at home. They also force me to go out into the world to get them things they need.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #25 
LinkLover

Well I'm glad she ended up with a tough little guy. He sure has gone through a lot! I actually am the same way. I'm always at home, except when I go out to get fish stuff, which has been pretty often since I got Link a month ago. And they make me feel better too, like I'm making a difference in my own little way. That's why I wish I could rescue more of them, and make an even bigger impact on these little guys.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #26 
Enkil

I've had people stop and talk to me when I'm the local PetSmart. I guess they've seen me there a lot at the betta section. Had one person get advice from the workers then come chat with me as they saw I was looking at the bettas too. When I said I was a betta keeper and had 7 at home (hadn't yet bought Gwynfor), they seemed impressed. XD They had one of those tiny "tanks" and I politely let them know it wouldn't be big enough. I pointed them to a much nicer tank and heater so I know that little HM they picked out went to a good home.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #27 
LinkLover

That's wonderful! It's amazing that people ask you for advice, and even better that they listen to it. I'm pretty shy, so I'll usually only point out dead bettas to the workers. But there are many times where I want to go up to people and say something, yet every time I chicken out, because I'm so terrified of confrontation (in case they got defensive).
Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #28 
Enkil

I don't approach others. I can't get myself to. It starts a panic attack. When people approach me, I always speak really softly. Though the other day I did point out a betta that had SBD and another that had been out of water. The little guy was up on a lip in the cup out of the water. One of the workers had been keeping an eye on him and said he does it regularly.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #29 
LinkLover

I have panic attacks too, and are also caused a lot of the time by social issues. Maybe you are my long lost twin. Haha. That's good that you can point those things out, that's pretty much as far as I can go, but it's better than not saying anything. I actually had one of my rescues do that, thank GOODNESS I noticed him.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #30 
Enkil

Perhaps I am. XD
I'm fairly certain that I rescued my Gwynfor. He was there for at least a week. When I first saw him, I thought he was a female and just about died with wanting him. Left the store without though as I was there with Fenris, my new puppy. Went back about a week later to see if he was still there. Sure enough, he was. There was another that caught my eye too. Both dragons. The other was white with green. Ended up settling with Gwynfor. Got him home to find out/realize the little thing I brought home was male instead of female and a PK. Quite happy with him though. He's growing nicely and warming up to me.