Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #11 
Leighla

I'm not sure how many people write letters anymore to complain to get something changed, but last time I checked, maybe a few years ago, statistically only 7 letters have to be written for a company/business to change what's being complained about, eventually, hopefully, the issue will be resolved. It'd be just fine with me if they stopped selling fish all together. If no one can properly care for them, they need to be some place where they will be cared for.
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #12 
LuckyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighla View Post
WOO! you go! I don't know if I'd have the guts to that, unless it was really late and nobody was around lol
Well... as you get older .... you get more gutsy...

and usually I have done it in the middle of the day and not one person notices...
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #13 
Bethydan

I work at Walmart and it's appalling. I would gladly volunteer to take over fish duties, but for whatever reason they won't allow it. I know at least one other employee would gladly do it, and knows far more about fish care than anyone who is actually "caring" for the fish. Apparently the filter that they run are connected to several tanks. So it's one filter for each row of tanks I think. So if one tank get's infected, they'd have to treat all the tanks. And they're too lazy. Also, the gravel is just creating problems. It doesn't get vacuumed EVER. It's a poison trap waiting to be sprung. If it were up to me, I'd be pulling the gravel from ALL the tanks. No, it doesn't look as pretty, but the water would be cleaner. I've noticed that the more reliable and quality fish suppliers and breeders with large quantities of fish will not have gravel in their tanks. And then I'd institute water changes on a weekly basis at the very least. More frequently at first because of the current poor water quality and for the overstocked tanks. Daily for the betta fish. And they would all actually get fed everyday. We're hoping that they just quit carrying live fish at all. But people keep coming in and buying them so they keep stocking them.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #14 
Pogthefish

You need to have a real talk with the manager with the other fish guy there, like serious talk.. because this is just sick
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #15 
Spazzfish

On a slightly positive note, my walmart got a new fish guy and this guy at least acts like he gives a care the fish look like they are being looked after- the bettas are lasting longer than a week, and even the female are their actual color and not completely white with stress stripes. He ordered new plants and took out the black dead "plants" that have been in there forever.
He isn't perfect but he is definatly an improvement from mister "sure you can put a goldfish in with your betta."
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #16 
Pogthefish

oh wow... thats good :D see if he is open to advice :)
Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #17 
SamJustice

Walmart is pretty horrible. My local one takes decent care of its bettas (water changes and feeding regularly) but all the others? starved. We went up there (its where I got my boy at) and the bettas seemed alright. clean water, food.
every other fish tank was filled with fish EATING each other. GROSS.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #18 
Tikibirds

The walmart I worked at in Alaska, I NEVER saw anybody in the pet section except for the night stockers and since their job is just to put away noting but pallets and pallets of stuff, I doubt they did anything for the fish.

The one here, I always see a guy there but he...I think there is somtihng mentally wrong with him...either that or he can not speak a word of english
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #19 
Leighla

They either need to hire people with experience and knowledge of fish, or stop keeping them in stock period.
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #20 
Pogthefish

I liek the second idea vetter!

Tags
conditions, dead fish, fish, poor health, wal-mart fish