Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #61 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighla View Post
Went into Wal-mart today, and stopped by to see if there were any bettas worthwhile, and to my surprise, all bettas, and even the other fish had clean tanks, and all looked alive. I don't even think I saw one single dead fish. I did see a betta that was still alive but swimming/floating on his side, he was either orange, or a very pale sickly red, maybe bloat or a disease? Anyways, they all looked pretty good, and overall I was pleased with what I saw, except for the fact that the bettas probably could've used a water change, although it wasn't horrible. Other than that, I still wasn't happy that all of the fish in tanks, tetra, mollies, gold fish, gourami etc etc were still feeding on those weekend/vacation feeder tablet thing-ah-ma-jigs.

Saw the topic name and was even afraid to read. Get me upset, even hurts.
I walk to wal mart near me and i was shocked. I just stay there in front of the shelves and i couldn't move. I didn't want people see me. I just was crying. The worker came to ask what wrong I couldn’t talk. It was like 1 year ago. It was like 8 cups with bettas and 4 where dead. Other just in very bad condition. Other that were in bad conditions water was so dirty that you barely could see something in there.

I want to the manager. I ask corporate phone #.Actually the manager was very nice and understood my concern. When I called corporate I told them that it bad for the store reputation. Since it in the neighborhood with a lot of people who have kids it will influence the business. Because no mother will come to the store with a child to see dead fish.

I really don’t know what happened to that store. But I came back to check in about 2 month after I called and they didn’t carry fish anymore. I want to store manager and he told me they will not carry it anymore. But I really don’t know is it because I complained or something else. And they don’t carry betta fish anymore.
But when I go to some pet stores in my town some of them really bad :(. It so sad.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #62 
Pogthefish

hey, try the crying routine and try to get them to step up thier game! :D
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #63 
Leighla

Was in the store today and happened to remember to check on the bettas, when I did, they seemed to be in ok conditions, and there was 3 small shelves of them on the end cap of the isle so that walking past, you'd see them. I had a looksy and ended up getting an orange VT :smh:
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #64 
ANHEL123

aww...I hope your 3 years old daughter enjoy your band :)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #65 
shadowpony

I'd should bring my own tank setup (maybe I should put it in one of those HUGE purses everyone uses these days) and put a betta in it and put a sign saying "happy betta, look in the cups for a half dead betta." I'm to much of a wimp to do it though.
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #66 
ANHEL123

also write –,,regular water changes are necessary’’.

I have betta at work. He is for my enjoyment lol Makes me feel better I wish I can carry my tanks with me and advertize it to other people…good idea lol
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #67 
Leighla

I'd love to be able to have a little tank setup for a betta at work, it'd make sitting at my desk a little more enjoyable.
Leighla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #68 
lillyandquigly

my friend saw a time when they had puppies and kittens, she said they were like skeletons:C
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #69 
lillyandquigly

she has a betta that our petstore bought from wal*mart to save it, and it had fungas on it, but she saved it:)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #70 
lillyandquigly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Saw the topic name and was even afraid to read. Get me upset, even hurts.
I walk to wal mart near me and i was shocked. I just stay there in front of the shelves and i couldn't move. I didn't want people see me. I just was crying. The worker came to ask what wrong I couldnít talk. It was like 1 year ago. It was like 8 cups with bettas and 4 where dead. Other just in very bad condition. Other that were in bad conditions water was so dirty that you barely could see something in there.

I want to the manager. I ask corporate phone #.Actually the manager was very nice and understood my concern. When I called corporate I told them that it bad for the store reputation. Since it in the neighborhood with a lot of people who have kids it will influence the business. Because no mother will come to the store with a child to see dead fish.

I really donít know what happened to that store. But I came back to check in about 2 month after I called and they didnít carry fish anymore. I want to store manager and he told me they will not carry it anymore. But I really donít know is it because I complained or something else. And they donít carry betta fish anymore.
But when I go to some pet stores in my town some of them really bad :(. It so sad.
do u live in oregon? the same thing happened to our wal-mart, glad of it though

Tags
conditions, dead fish, fish, poor health, wal-mart fish