Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Cool a true rescue story

so, many of my followers on my roleplay blog on Tumblr know i adore betta fish. many of them love seeing new pictures of my babies, and i've been told it was adorable how much i love the little guys and girls. :B shoot, one of my bettas was named after a buddy of mine off there, and Todd was named after a friend's roleplay character!

so, it was no surprise when a pal of mine messaged me, saying they were getting a pair of bettas from her roommate.

what was a surprise was finding out how they were kept, and what their fate would have been if she hadn't saved them.

we talked for a long while, and she told me, she wanted me to adopt them. i couldn't say no. they were just too adorable, and needed someone who's gonna love them. it's going to cost me just shipping(express, so they don't stress any more than they have), and it's not going to be until they feel better.

so, without further ado, meet Ritter, and Fritter.

Ritter, the male. he's in worst shape than his gal pal, and doesn't eat alot.

Fritter, a female plakat. she's in better shape than Ritter, and is apparently very adorable.

they were in a half gallon tank. without a divider. never had a water change, and had NO dechlorinator. poor babies were going to be flushed if my friend hadn't taken them in! understandably, they're in rough shape, but are doing alot better than they had been. i'm not going to get them until they feel alot better. i worry about little Ritter the most. :<

apparently, Ritter won't eat much unless he can see Fritter, and they hang out close to each other in their own tanks. it's kinda cute.

sorry about huge pictures. :I

they're not even 100% mine, and i already love them. they're going to get tanks beside each other when they're here, and lots of plants and i'm gonna spoil them rotten. they totally deserve it, with what they went through. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 
Sivan

Wow. I love fritter's tail! How unique.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #3 
Luimeril

he's lovely. i'm really hoping he perks up more. he's just so pretty. .3. hopefully, he'll get his namesake's spunk and strength!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #4 
LinkLover

Those fish are really lucky to have someone like you who cares so much! And they are quite pretty too!
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 
Enkil

They're cute. Glad that they'll be coming to you to have a good home.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #6 
Luimeril

thanks. :V i'm glad the gal took them in! their tank was never cleaned and never had dechlorinator, so they feel pretty cruddy right now. she has a HM of her own, so she knows how to care for bettas. now, it's just getting them perked back up and healthy.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #7 
Tamyu

It is wonderful that they have been saved. I hope they heal up and feel better soon.
I know you shouldn't keep females and males together, but I have to wonder... If they are so bonded, would it be better for them to stay together?
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #8 
Luimeril

i'm not sure, but i'd rather not risk it myself. they could have just put up with each other, because they felt so cruddy and didn't feel like fighting. when they feel better, they could very well duke it out, ya know?

i'm wanting to get a 5 gallon tank and divide it for them. .3. i have room on my desk, but just need to buy the tank, heater, divider, and plants for them. :B
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #9 
Kim

Aww... they're adorable and I'm so glad they are getting a second chance at life!! Good for you :)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #10 
Tikibirds

Maybe you should get them a clear divider? I wonder if they can form an emotional attachment or if they are just sick?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote