Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 
freemike

Jager Heater

Well I am looking to replace my hydor theo heater. I have gave up hope on using this heater with sponge filters. When I had my internal filters it was rock steady and was only off by a few degrees but since I switched to sponge filters it is very inconsistent. It seems to also let temperatures sway +/- very wildly. I move the heater one notch and it launches temps up 4 degrees and I have just became frustrated with it. I'm not sure if something is wrong with it or not. Right now my tanks are staying anywhere from 76-82*. I would really like to keep it at 79* because of the anacharis that I have in the tanks as it seems to melt above 80.

I am now going to give this http://www.petstore.com/In_Tank_Heat...EJ1111-vi.html a try as it has the ability to be recalibrated. Has anyone else tried these or have any other input why the theo has turned into a headache for me?
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #2 
HatsuneMiku

i've got 5 of those heaters .. LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH !!!! they are very good at constant temps .. especially in my spawn tank .. i have 2 heaters on both sides of my 20g long .. and the temps don't fluctuate more then 1/2 deg before adjusting itself .. definitely recommend them over the hydor
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

Eheim Jagers are really good heaters, the best I've used. I would have them in all my tanks if they weren't so expensive over here.

Mine have no problems keeping my tanks heated to the correct temperature, though they are a little longer than some of the cheaper brands.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #4 
Silverfang

I've never used a Jager heater, but have heard only good things.]

I've got two Theo heaters and I LOVE them. IT does take a bit of practice with the temperature. But the 25W keeps my boy between 80 and 81 (usually 81). No change. The 50W has been able to keep the temp of my 10G between 78 and 80.

I will confess, it takes a day or two to figure out the gauge and have it set just right, but when it is, nothing but love for them!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #5 
freemike

I went ahead and ordered the Jager. I hope it is good as the reviews to seem to indicate. The hydor was rock solid in consistency and the gauge was almost dead on in fact until I switched to sponge filtration. So I don't know if something malfunctioned in them or not, but seems odd two would go out at the same time. I'm starting to wonder if they just require more water flow than what the sponge filters provide. I remember when I had the Theo in a 2.5 gallon tank it had to be set really low to keep the temp under 80. At the time I just thought it was because it was a bit to much for the water but maybe they just require more generous flow.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote