Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #1 
Crowntailed

Goldfish with comunity fish?

Well i have 2 gold fish, and today i was cleaning there indoor tank (they will be going out to there pond soon) so i put the 2 goldfish in a 2gal bucket while i clean and let the water warm up. The one goldfish is over 8 years old now and not doing so good in the bucket. I still have to empty another tank before i can fill back up the goldfish tank and thats going to take a couple of hours. So do you think i should put the goldfish in my 35gal comunity tank? The smallest fish i got in there is a danio. I can make the tank 74 because i know goldfish are cold water fish. What do you think i should do? move them to the 35gal for a few hours or hope he makes it in the bucket?
Crowntailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #2 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Can you put an air stone in the bucket?
Goldies have been known to eat smaller fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #3 
thekoimaiden

I wouldn't put the goldfish in the community tank. It would disrupt the tank too much. Too much stress all around. Olympia is right. Get a bubbler and stick it in the bucket. Also, why are you removing the goldfish from the tank? You should never do a 100% water change on a goldfish tank as a strong bio-filter is needed.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #4 
Mo

It depends on the "community fish" danios, WCMM, etc. are temperate water fish are are completely compatible with smaller goldfish. I would though, put an airstone in the bucket instead as an 8 year old fully grown goldfish will most likely be 12+ inches, if it is a common goldfish. Mine was 12 inches at the age of 1.5 years when given the optimal space to grow through his whole life
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote