Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1 
True Indigo

Ever Named a Fish Still in the Store But Never Got It?

So I was looking through bettas one day, and I spot this very weird looking crowntail. He's mostly seafoam-green but he has speckles on his fins, looks part double tail except he bit part of his fin off. He seems normal on one side of his face but has an almost crazed and bright look on the other side of it. His fins also have some red, gray, black, and orange in them but his body is predominately seafoam-green. Whenever I pass by him, he always loops back and forth near the front of the cup he's in. I thought he was funny looking but I liked it for some reason. Suddenly I thought to myself "If he had a name it'd be Gizmo."

Uh-oh.

Each time I'm there I have to pull myself away from him. I only want three bettas and I want to be picky with the other two bettas I end up keeping, but I found myself drawn to this guy despite his weird look and bitten tail.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem but found the will not to get the fish? He's active and healthy so I'm hoping someone will take an interest in him like I did. I just worry, you know?
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #2 
dbooknook

Awwww... I'm sorry that you had to leave the fish. I had a similar problem last Saturday; I went to the local Petsmart and found this poor little guy all covered in ick. I would've bought him, but he was a dragonscale for $11 and I did not have the money to do it. Instead, I got a female who was really underweight and had stress stripes. I just joined today and I was wondering if someone can tell me how to create a new post.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #3 
True Indigo

I have the money, but I'm trying to keep the number of bettas I have to 3 and waiting for 2 bettas that just say "GET ME!" you know? Gizmo isn't that kind of fish that lept out. It was just the case I gave him a name on accident and he's interesting. XD

As for new post, you just made a post. Or do you mean a new thread? In the upper left hand corner of each forum is a "Post New Thread" button. That's how. :) And welcome to the community.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #4 
dbooknook

Thank you for the warm welcome!
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #5 
Sheldon31

I have to do this every time I'm in Jaydee's. They have some amazing "odd balls" (anything not blue or red VT/DeT) there sometimes and I just want them NOW! They had this cambodian once who had green fins instead of the usual red and red eyes! He was stunning but I just couldn't take him home because I didn't have a spare tank and I've decided to devote all my time to make the spare tank I have perfect. I did name him too. Can't remember what I said now. I think it was Valos or something along those lines.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #6 
Rosso1011

I haven't named one while in a store, yet. I have come close though. I've been scoping out some females since I plan on trying to start a sorority sometime in the future. Petco also had this beautiful marble giant. Normally, I don't like marbles, but this guy was cute... in an 'I'm so ugly that I'm adorable' sort of way.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #7 
lissienen

Only every single day - working at a petstore will do that to you. Then you get attached and hope that someone, who isn't insistent on getting that little 1/2 gallon 'cute tank' no matter that you try to tell them otherwise, will buy and give him a good home since you have no more room.
lissienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #8 
lilyrazen

Once I was in a pet store and found this AMAZING OHM, he was a blue dragon with a perfect 50/50 white butterfly and I named him Zeus.
I wanted him horribly but I was out of room!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote