Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #21 
ANHEL123

I did a lot of research and even read a few different books trying to figure out what temperature is perfect. Bettas are very adjustable to the temperature. All my bettas live in 74* in the winter and of course warmer in the summer time for long time . So I was thinking if he was fine in that temperature before it not the problem than. I think he already adjusted to that temperature.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #22 
ravenwinds

They got Razzy last Sunday, and he has had issues since then! I don't believe he is acclimated to this low temp. In fact one could argue that since his immune system was probably compromised due to living in a cup for however long at the store, perhaps he is one fish that can't adjust/acclimate to a lower temp. Besides, just because a fish can live at a low temp, doesn't mean they thrive or that we should force them to.
With an already compromised immune system, he shouldn't have to expend more energy to stay warmer.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

Sorry still think that 75-77* it perfect temperature. It really doesn't have to be 78-80*. I have a few betta that will be 5 years old in a few month. And I know personally people who has 76* and bettas live for very long time. But anyway I don’t want to aggravate anyone I just saying what I have and a lot of people I know ….it my personal experience. But doesn’t mean that other people have to do the same. Sorry. I really wish Razzy will get better but I really don’t think it depend on the temperature that he has right now.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #24 
ravenwinds

I hope Razzy gets better as well. That is the important thing right now. As for the temp issue, I have known quite a few people who have had opposite experience of yours...it is not personal and one of the most wonderful things about this forum family is that we all bring different experiences, strengths, and weaknesses together from all over the world to help other fish keepers.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #25 
lelei

Ohh..its so sad when any living pet that we care so deeply for is sick and feel somewhat hopeless..my prayers are with yu and Razzy...we all do the best we can toolove and care for our friends..with the info that we have..and we r all here to help you get thru this tough ordeal together:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #26 
arin

Well woke up this morning and poor Razzy it much worse he has lost most of his color and is much more bloted and his scales seem to be raised a bit thinking drospy. He is staying at the bottom all the time and barely moving. I took out most of the water at least until i seen him take a breath of air. I really can't stand seeing him in pain that is so much worse for me than actually losing him. Heading out soon to see if i can find clove oil but i don't know how to use it please help i dont want him in pain anymore.
arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

see this link. It was 12/05/11 when i rescue sick betta from someone and than i had to euthanize him. There is a full instruction:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=87431

Very sorry. If you will diseased to buy another betta you will need to disinfect the tank and everything in the tank. And just hot water is not enough. So let us know if you need instructions on it.

Also be careful don’t share anything between sick fish and your other betta. I hope your other betta is doing good.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #28 
arin

yes Handsome Dude is doing great...thanks for the link i was unable to find clove oil but will keep trying...and yes we will be getting another fish and probley and new tank too i would be to afraid that it would happen again no matter how much i cleaned it.....I will keep you posted thanks again everyone does anyone know where i can get clove oil
Old 05-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Whole food, GNC. I bought at GNC. It was kind of difficult for me to euthanize that fish. So i don't know if you want to do it in front of your child.

Also i disinfect the tank before after betta with dropsy. You really can use 10% bleach. I did it. So if you change your mind let me know i will give instructions. I know you worry but it safe. I did it. I was worry too but it works great and you really don't have to change the tank .

Good luck.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #30 
arin

Razzy passed away tonight all on his own peacefully. We are going to miss him soooooo much . But I am so glad that he is not in pain any more. So sad right now I just wish that there was something i could have done. Rest in Peace our little man.

Anhel123 I am going to get rid of the tank it is too small and i was going to get a new one for Razzy this weekend anyway. Going to get a 2.5 gallon. I would like to keep the heater though and use it for the tank with that has my baby platies. The case on the heater is hard plastic can i still use bleach? Thanks again everyone for all your help I'm sure all your advise at least gave him a bit of confort in his last days I know that it gave me some.