Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 
SeniorD

New Fry

Okay so the little guys like JUST came out. Now when do I remove the male? Also when will I be able to clean the water with the fry? If not until 2-3 weeks is it alright that the water hasn't been changed since before I started spawning? If it's not alright what should I do without messing things up?
SeniorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #2 
SeniorD

I actually didn't want to wait for an answer from someone from here so yeah I went and RE-READ everything I read before I even bought my first betta. Yeah, I did research, A LOT. Thanks anyway though for your input.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #3 
SeniorD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalechis View Post
That's helpful.

---

When working with fry I use a turkey baster to remove debris/etc, and then drip the new water in. So long as you check the bucket you put the water in with a flashlight for escapees, it usually goes well.
That's a good idea. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #4 
MrVampire181

I don't do water changes until two weeks. I fill the tank an inch everyday. Then at two weeks I remove 50% using an airline siphon with an airstone on the end to avoid sucking anyone up.

Last edited by Sakura8; 05-06-2012 at 03:21 PM.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #5 
SeniorD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post

I don't do water changes until two weeks. I fill the tank an inch everyday. Then at two weeks I remove 50% using an airline siphon with an airstone on the end to avoid sucking anyone up.
I don't mean on specific things. Just on betta in general. What I read about 4-5 months ago told me the male could be kept with the fry for more then a week. After I posted this topic I found out it was 5 days. I wasn't around for my first batch and didn't get to experience any part of it aside from seeing the little tail go up and down. And the male seems very attentive. The only reason I ask is I want to keep the male around as long as possible because I messed up and didn't take the gravel out of the tank that was put in there. So I just want to ensure the maximum survival of my fry. ( I was able to bread my dragon scale and female double tail.(fyi I'm not good at determining the kind of betta aside from the obvious.))

So I would still consider this my first batch of fry and I just want to make sure the things I think I know, are correct.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #6 
MrVampire181

It takes a lot of research to do things correctly. If you're not 100% prepared you will most likely fail. Do you have microworms and other fry food?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #7 
Junglist

Quote:
It takes a lot of research to do things correctly. If you're not 100% prepared you will most likely fail. Do you have microworms and other fry food?
Come on man! We all had our first mess and we all learned from it. They created this forum to help out everyone including beginners . The man is asking for your knowledge
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #8 
MrVampire181

I understand however my tolerance level of those who do not research for breeding is low. Mainly because I want them to succeed and do things right.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #9 
Junglist

Quote:
I understand however my tolerance level of those who do not research for breeding is low. Mainly because I want them to succeed and do things right.
But there no need to add a tolerance level for him to succeed just tell him what to do in a cool way or just step away
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #10 
Megalechis

Everyone can miss one or two pieces of information when reading up on breeding, and not even realize they need that information until faced first hand with it. For that matter, in all the breeding articles I've read the past month and a half only two had any reference at all to water changes.

Megalechis is offline   Reply With Quote