Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #21 
Curlyfatbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
Well, everything has been going well with him. Haven't had any problems. Have taught him to sit on command. Going to be working on leash training next, I think. Also need to find an activity that helps him burn off some energy. Can't do puppy play dates until he is 4 months old because of the parvo going around the valley. We have the two great danes, but they still aren't too sure about how to play with him as they're so big and he's so little.

He weighs 15.2 pounds now though! He's getting big. About to snuggle with him and watch a movie. He actually watches Bones with me. So cute.
With new puppy u should keep it away from your old dogs until the third shot
Easier to train when they're young plus a leash
Sit,down and stay always the first three thing I've train on
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #22 
Curlyfatbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
He's what they're calling an American Bully. The breed started about 20 or so years ago when they crossed American pit bulls and American Stafordshire terriers to get the foundation stock. His sire is called Zeus at home, stands at 15 1/2 inches at the shoulder. His mother, Lil Miss, stands at 15. He's a pocket bully, but will be pretty sturdy.
Loved getting to see his father, mother, grandfather, and grandmother along with one of his aunts. All great looking dogs. The breeder I got him from has a website where you can see his parents and grandparents: http://bullyangelkennels.webs.com/

I wanted a "bully" breed for the fact that most people wont start trouble just because of the bad reps the "bully" dogs have even though they're sweeties. Makes me feel a bit safer really. Used to have a wolf hybrid that was pretty good at making people give me my person space.

Took him to the vet this morning. Had an appointment for shots and had to bring up some concerns I had. Everything checked out fine though. Weighs 15.2 pounds! I couldn't believe it when they weighed him.
Most bully breeder is not afraid of the pocket bullies
Even if look hella rip n big head
The bite force on them are really weak.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #23 
Enkil

Fenris turned 12 weeks today.
He was 1st pick male pup from the litter.

I may live in Oregon, but I am not from here. I was born and raised in NY.
I chose him because he comes from good lines and was family raised. His breed gives what I want/like. They are loyal dogs and love to please.

I got Fenris for less than they were asking because of what he will be used for. Since he will be fixed and be a service dog, we worked out a deal for him.

As I said, the weight pulling is an idea to give him something fun to do. If he doesn't seem to like it, I'll find him a different activity. If he likes it, I'd be more than happy to keep him at it at least for as little while.

Fenris is fine to be around the two danes. The great danes are not mine and they are not properly socialized. The only places they go are for car rides and to the vet. They have all their shots and he is up to date on his. I've raised puppies before without any problems.

As for bite force.. It doesn't really matter to me, but I also don't believe that his bite force is weak. He's proven to have strong jaw and neck muscles. I know my pup. I enjoy him and he has already started to learn tasks to help me. We're working on obedience and leash training. Once he is 4 months old, he'll be entered into obedience class. When that is completed, he'll take the Canine Good Citizen Test. After passing that, he will start public access training. I have confidence that Fenris will do well. He's a good dog and loves people. He's smart and aims to please.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #24 
Laki

Enkil, I think you're doing a great job! You seem to know your stuff. Everybody has different methods and ideas about dogs, which is where all the criticism is coming from! lol but what odds- I love your dog, he seems like a real sweet heart!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #25 
Curlyfatbottom

East coast
Stander/correct style

First pick male from the lite mean first or second pick.
That usually goes for 3 stack or more($3,000+)
Even if they want the dog without paper/for pet only
Top two pick is where the money come from.

My bro into dog
Espeacilly freak
Bully pit
English bulldog

the money he just spend
Female -3,000 bully
Lock down a stud-1.5k(deal)
That's 4.5k down before she even come into heat

Last edited by Curlyfatbottom; 05-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #26 
Enkil

I love all bully breeds. I was lucky to get Fenris. Even luckier to get the deal I did with him.

He just got a nice cool bath. It's really hot here and he was due for one. Now he's air drying while taking a puppy nap. He gets his treatment for fleas/ticks tonight at bedtime. Which means he'll have to crash in the kennel tonight. Unfortunate. Like having him in the bed. He wakes me from the nightmares and helps me sleep.

Anyways, attaching some newer pics of him. Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #27 
Curlyfatbottom

If u love pocket bully
Go with shorty bull
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #28 
Laki

@curlyfatbottom- Enkil got her dog. She's no longer looking!

I love Fenris' brindle!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #29 
Curlyfatbottom

better to have more then one.

pocket bully
male

female

got kind of lazy looking for my brother n his kennel buddy bully pic.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #30 
Enkil

I have Fenris and he's all I need. <3

I love his color too! He's black brindle. His mother and her father are both brindles as well. His father is blue and white. He's the only one from the litter his color. There were blue and whites and blue brindle and whites and one girl is black and white.