Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #1 
SST

He'll love the upgrade! Go for it. It won't kill him. It will certainly improve his quality of life.

Just remember to cycle the water in the new tank before putting him in there. There is a stickie somewhere with information, I think in the starting an freshwater aquarium forum.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #2 
kellybanana

Should I buy our betta fish a new home?

Hi! I am a complete novice about betta fish. Thank you for this blog site - it has answered alot of questions for me. We "won" our betta fish, Bluey, about a year and a half ago at a kid's birthday party. We bought him a betta fish bowl kit - which is about a one-gallon plastic bowl with a small green plastic plant in it. He seems healthy, he swims around, he eats his food as soon as I sprinkle it in, and he is a beautiful deep blue color. He hides inside his little plant sometimes. I am wondering if I should upgrade to a new 5 or 6 gallon tank with filter and heater - I am afraid the change will kill him. He has lived this long in his little bowl in our kitchen. what should i do? Thanks!
kellybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #3 
Little-Fizz

Do it! It won't kill him at all. So long as you do everything right. Your betta would love a bigger home. And having a filter always makes it easier.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote