Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #1 
AFishTale

Arrow Le Betta Diggs. -Photos-

Just an update of my current tanks. :D

1) 20G long sorority. Sand bottom, filtered, newly planted, large ceramic gator/monster center peice (cured and fired, causes no problems with water chemistry.) Currently houses seven girls, snails and shrimp.

2) 10G *HEAVILY* planted tank. Soil & sand bottom, filtered, skull hide, tons of various plants, snails, shrimp, and one male betta.(Apollo)

3) 5G, newly set up. Sand bottom, sponge filter, large pot hide, plants to come. Currently houses a few snails and one male betta. (Mumford)

AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
MollyJean

That gator monster thing is... creepy.. I love it! Could you post more pictures? Maybe other angles? This is giving me some great planting ideas for my sorority.

As much as I love it, though, I hate to be the villain.. but the bamboo you have planted on the right of the picture (The snout is pointing right at it) isn't an aquatic plant. The roots and stem can be in water, but if the leaves are left under water they'll decay and cause problems.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #3 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
That gator monster thing is... creepy.. I love it! Could you post more pictures? Maybe other angles? This is giving me some great planting ideas for my sorority.

As much as I love it, though, I hate to be the villain.. but the bamboo you have planted on the right of the picture (The snout is pointing right at it) isn't an aquatic plant. The roots and stem can be in water, but if the leaves are left under water they'll decay and cause problems.
Thanks for letting me know about the bamboo. I can't even remember where I got that... Well, off to fix that. xD

Also, I would be more than happy to post more photos of the tank! The artist who crafted the gator is a good friend of mine, and is also demanding more shots.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #4 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
The roots and stem can be in water, but if the leaves are left under water they'll decay and cause problems.
This ^
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #5 
AFishTale

EDIT-- Bamboo removed, thank's for the info on that.