Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #21 
shadowpony

Awww.... poor you, poor Link. Dont give up though. You cant, you just cant. *hugs*
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #22 
LinkLover

Thank you. It's so nice to know there are people willing to support a total stranger when they need it.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #23 
shadowpony

Isnt that what the forums for? I hope Link gets better soon, it must be so hard on you not to know whats happening.
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #24 
LinkLover

It is, it's a terrible feeling knowing something's wrong but you don't know what. Hopefully soon it either goes away or I figure out what it is.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #25 
Sheldon31

That's what we are all here for :) Keep your chin up! We're all routing for you!

Get better Link!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #26 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I couldn't imagine dealing with all of that in one year, you must be really strong. I take every death so hard, sometimes I want to give up on having pets period (even though I don't think I could since I love them so much). I just went to check on my boyfriends' tank, and two more of his barbs died. :'( This is getting ridiculous. Maybe I need something hardier...
it's okay, atleast they aren't suffering from diseases no longer, the reason i stood strong is because, i knew betta's are my passion and this is what i want through out my life there was actually a time i gave up, sended my male double tail away, my whole sorority died, the thing i only had was a PK girl and a algae eater, and they lived for a pretty long time, the PK girl died recently around February or January (this year) the algae eater died last year. but they had a really good life, lived in a peacful sorority, well fed, and clean tank.
but back to the point, that betta's are going to be a big part of my life, and i know it isn't going to be easy though. i love betta's so much, they feel like "real" family to me, and now i have 8 they complete me i know what there finnage, coloration, and names by heart.
but please don't give up on them, we all are helping betta's from neglection, even though we don't know it, all of my fish could be in a pet store be dead or nearly dyeing by diseases or depression. even though mines are in 1 gallons, i give the attention they need, it is better than a filthy old cup, and better than a small child over feeding, never cleaned, and very cold little container as well, they'll be hard times in life, but all we could do is keep moving on, and sooner or later it'll get better

Last edited by betta lover1507; 05-08-2012 at 02:39 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #27 
LionCalie

I'm sorry for your troubles, but try and take some comfort in knowing your situation is not unusual. Many fish keepers experience loss for no apparent reason. Some even have what can only be described as death waves. Especially with Betta fish, they are so horribly neglected at pet stores and likely come from breeding mills that do not care about quality, just quantity. This will drastically shorten their expected lifespan and cause health problems later in life.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #28 
LinkLover

Thanks everyone for the kind words and personal stories. I really appreciate it and it does make me less ready to just quit. I tend to not stick with things for very long, so even doing this for a month is pretty good for me. So to find something I like and have something like this happen is really disappointing. But I will hopefully try to stick it out.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #29 
betta lover1507

your welcome link :) it's sad to see people here leave though :( hopefully you do stay
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #30 
LittleBettaFish

Have you been sharing equipment such as siphons or buckets between the tanks with your rescues and the tanks with your other fish? If you are and you haven't been sterilising in between uses it may be that your other fish have picked up some kind of disease or parasite from the newcomers.

Just a suggestion as you have all of a sudden had a spate of deaths.

Otherwise it is just one of those runs of bad luck we all have. I have lost several bettas in one go once and have had to euthanise 3-4 fish at once when they got some deformity of the mouth after sharing a tank space.

It's hard with fish to correctly diagnose disease, making it hard to choose the right treatment. Those of us with a lot of fish have all been there before I'm sure, so definitely don't give up on the hobby! Just keep struggling through this current rough patch and you'll see it's worth it when you get to the other side.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote