Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #1 
JBosley

5 Gallon and Divided 15 Gallon tank mates?

Hey!
So I have decided to do a natural planted tank with my 5 gallon, sand as a substrate and a sponge filter Currently have 1 Male Betta in there! What would be good tank mates for him?

Also, I have a divided 15 gallon fish tank. Would I be able to put tank mates in this as well? It's only divided in half, so I would like tank mates for each side! (Might make this into planted tank as well with sand, currently have a Tetra iWhisper filter, going to be a sponge filter soon!)
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #2 
Bombalurina

For the 5 gallon you are limited to inverts such as snails and shrimp. I prefer shrimp, with red cherries being my favourite.

With only 7 gallons per side, I would still only consider inverts for the 15 gallon. It's not that it can't handle the bioload, but by dividing it you limit the footprint. Most small fish are active and like having more room to swim than a divided tank can provide.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #3 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
For the 5 gallon you are limited to inverts such as snails and shrimp. I prefer shrimp, with red cherries being my favourite.

With only 7 gallons per side, I would still only consider inverts for the 15 gallon. It's not that it can't handle the bioload, but by dividing it you limit the footprint. Most small fish are active and like having more room to swim than a divided tank can provide.
Thanks a bunch!

Might just stick to putting some shrimp in the 5 gallon. Trying to make things more interesting for my tail biter! He's doing much better with his tank loaded with places to explore. Can't wait to plant it!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #4 
djembekah

awesome ^-^

you could also do a snail. i love snails xD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote