Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #11 
Cinderwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLBETHEJUDGE View Post
It's amazing how great your tank looks!
THanks :D At first, I had the hornwort stuck into the sand, and the top of the tank was more bare, but then it all started floating so it fills in the gaps, I love it. still stayed in the background yet makes the tank look so full. I have hornwort, mystery red plant ( that is growing in green) vals, wisteria and java fern. oh and Young Niel the moss ball.

Hopfully the plants all thrive, though I may need to change my lightbulb.
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #12 
lelei

Talking Tanks

Very cool, all of them, I went for the Kollercraft, cylindrical for the lack of space I have in my house, and this one caught my eye, I love a colorful tank, (LED color-changin-lighting) and I have Red, and Blue plants that help hide "Sammy" well, when he's in his red silk leaf, if it wasn't for the tail, I wouldnt see him ~~ then I got the Spngebob hidaway.. my daughter's request, and he uses if now and again, it depends on what he wants to do..lol..and the rocks and gravel, make it look like the ocean..turq/blue:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #13 
Cinderwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Very cool, all of them, I went for the Kollercraft, cylindrical for the lack of space I have in my house, and this one caught my eye, I love a colorful tank, (LED color-changin-lighting) and I have Red, and Blue plants that help hide "Sammy" well, when he's in his red silk leaf, if it wasn't for the tail, I wouldnt see him ~~ then I got the Spngebob hidaway.. my daughter's request, and he uses if now and again, it depends on what he wants to do..lol..and the rocks and gravel, make it look like the ocean..turq/blue:)
Do you have a pick, I'd love to see :D
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #14 
lelei

On myprofile..I loaded a few pix..I think there is one full tank view..u can click on album and check it out:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #15 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Works well in your tank! I like it.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

ummm...second hand store xD 5 dollars for the bag. SUPER cleaned with boiling water and vinegar <3 haven't had a problem since! It used to be in my 20, and right now in a spawn tank... it makes it's way around if I could, I'd get small natural colored gravel, and have a sunken ship theme.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #17 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

NICE! I think i am gonna take a look at a second hand store to see if i find something nice too.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #18 
ravenwinds

For driftwood...check out aquabid...discusdaves out of Florida...he's got some awesome pieces...each auction has a pic of the driftwood on this measured board that shows you real well how big the piece is in all dimensions. He's real nice to work with, too. I just bought 2 of his pieces, tied moss and java fern to it, right now its in My 20g overcrowded mollies tank but might move it to 29g or brand new 40g...
My favorite centerpieces will always be natural driftwood, river rock, lava rock...
I did buy this really big resin cast hollow tree stump that makes an awesome centerpiece and my foot long pleco loves hiding in it! At one point, he was curled up in it w/6 bronze cories and 4 mollies...wish I had taken video/pic of it :).
I also have a sunken pirate ship that makes the rounds, too.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #19 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

i went to check discusdavesout but he currently has no auctions but i will keep on checking, thanks!
Do you have pictures of your centerpiece?

Last edited by ILLBETHEJUDGE; 05-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #20 
ravenwinds

I am in the middle of a major remodel due to my trio of blue (1 gold female) 3 dot gouramis deciding to successfully spawn in their 29g community tank (which then became fry tank) and then their new (to us) 25g temp community tank. Then my 2 yr old daughter to a 5inch steel flashlight and used it like a baseball bat and CRACK, 6 inch barely held together webbing of shattered glass on front pane of 25g tank! So everyone was quickly distributed throughout remaining 16 tanks, largest of which is 29g gourami fry tank and a 20g mollies tank....
Crazy, huh!
But, I now have a 40g long tank which I am about to put up, another Natural Planted Tank(NPT).
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote