Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #11 
SamJustice

Aw poor fella.
I do wish the black at the edges didn't mean fin rot, because on some colors, it'd look so pretty. But it's bad and therefore not pretty. V.V

And poor oz.
I do hope the other too make it. =3
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 AM   #12 
fleetfish

You've got beautiful boys Moonshadow! I love seeing how a neglected betta turns out, and how pretty they will be.

Sam ~ Not all black edges = finrot. Pineapple coloured bettas often have a thick black band around their tails. :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #13 
True Indigo

I'm so sorry about Oz. He was in really bad condition it seemed and at least you made the last of his life less dreadful.

Fleetfish, I think he was simply referring to the black edges on these fish (where the edge of the fin is shorter than the rest), not all fish in general.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #14 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
You've got beautiful boys Moonshadow! I love seeing how a neglected betta turns out, and how pretty they will be.

Sam ~ Not all black edges = finrot. Pineapple coloured bettas often have a thick black band around their tails. :)
oh? i never heard of pineapple color. i must look this up. =3

EDIT:
Oh gawds. they're gorgeous

Last edited by SamJustice; 05-08-2012 at 01:31 PM.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #15 
LinkLover

Good for you for taking these fishies into your home! Rescuing a poor little betta is a great feeling, although it's not always easy, like with Oz. :/ I'm sorry for your loss. Just know that he was in a far better place with you than where he got that sick.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #16 
True Indigo

I hope to have enough tanks at some point where I can rescue Bettas. There was only one case where I wanted to do a rescue and it was my first experience with a giant betta that had clamped fins and fungus. I made the mistake of telling them it was sick and then they wouldn't let me buy him. Poor guy died in the store even though they did try to help it.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

True Indigo, that is what happened to me!!! I just pointed out she had some fin rot, they snatched her from my hand and said YOU CANT HAVE HER and said they'd "heal her". Which really meant they were flushing her ;(
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #18 
Enkil

Sorry to hear about Oz. At least you gave him a loving home to pass in.

You did a lovely job with that first boy! I'm sure your other new guy will flourish in your care as well.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #19 
True Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
True Indigo, that is what happened to me!!! I just pointed out she had some fin rot, they snatched her from my hand and said YOU CANT HAVE HER and said they'd "heal her". Which really meant they were flushing her ;(
Not necessarily. Depends on where you bought them from. For example, Petco has a policy that makes them treat a fish for as long as it's alive and to do what they can for it. It's just the case that they don't always notice the fish since they often have to do other things. I found the employees that work at my local store don't mind being told that a fish is dead or sick or needs a water change and in every case I've done it, they've attended to it immediately.

If you're worried, you can talk to the manager about it and such. Try to see if you can ask if the fish can be held for you while it heals until it's healthy enough to be resold and if you can periodically check it. My Petco did that with me. It was just the case that the poor guy passed away over night.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

they wouldn't even do that x.x I said I wanted her, knew what I was doing and all.. she said "no" mainly because "their" policy is returning fish after 14 days. :/ and if the fish is sick, comes back dead, we get a refund... I wouldn't do it but I guess that particular store has. and most of their bettas were dead x.x or sick. And Ditsy died from ich of all things simple ><

After that I went to a different petsmart they are better there.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote