Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #1 
Itsonme

Cool question about Fluval Chi Aquarium

http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Chi-Aqu.../dp/B003TM1BAE

Its been awhile since I have been on here, since my last visit my betta fish of 4 years passed. I really loved owning a betta and want to get a new one but this time go into the relationship prepared and with all the knowledge I didn't have at the start with my old one.

I want to buy the tank above but i also want to put a real plant in that little tray it comes with in the middle.

does it actually come with CHI or a fake plastic plant? if not what are some decent plants i can put there?

I also need a recommendation on a good heater for that 5 gallon tank and maybe some safe gravel/rocks to use on amazon i wanna buy everything all at once any help is super appreciated!
Itsonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #2 
MrBowBetta

Hi, I have the same tank and...

No unfortunately not, you get some stones for the top filter/waterfall and that's it. I got fine small white stones 2kg pack I think it was, and that was a perfect amount! Also I bought the smaller fake plant for the bottom and its perfect! All together you spend about 10 (15$) MAX on the wee accessories which isn't too bad. Hope this helps, Ross :)
MrBowBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 
XxBettaLoverxX

My Chi Experience

Hello, The Fluval Chi does come with the little tray with suction cups on the bottom of it so that you may put it on the bottom of your tank. You could but some Eco-complete or Fluval stratum to put in the tray and get some different colored gravel or sand to put in the rest of the tank, it would make a nice contrast in colors.

I recommend using Amazon Swords in this tank because the light on the Chi isn't strong enough for weaker plants. For example, I had Wisteria and Amazon Swords in mine and the wisteria melted/died but the swords kept going strong :) I also use some liquid fertilizers and I explain some of the details about the fertilizers I use in the comments of my video of the Chi here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OczV0...hannel&list=UL But I do not have any stratum in my tank because I got the plants after I had already set the tank up.

I have white sand
I am not using the little tray in my tank
I have 1 betta
7 neon tetras
and two Cory fish in my tank

The water levels are perfect and I clean out the little poopies on the sand every day by sweeping my gravel vacuum over the top of the sand. and trim some leaves here and there.

I do hope this helps, good luck with your new tank and your new betta friend :)
XxBettaLoverxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #4 
Psylk87

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBettaLoverxX View Post
I have white sand
I am not using the little tray in my tank
I have 1 betta
7 neon tetras
and two Cory fish in my tank
Not to be rude or anything but isnt that overstocked for a 5-6 gallon tank? Do they sell larger in the Chi model that I dont know about?
Psylk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #5 
XxBettaLoverxX

@Psylk87

That's ok. When people say overstocked they mean the bio-load which I'm sure you're talking about, I clean out the tank everyday as I said in detail in my other post whereas most people clean out their tank once every 3 weeks to a month with their gravel vacuum.

Thanks for your concern but I can handle my own tank :)
XxBettaLoverxX is offline   Reply With Quote