Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Updates! Pic Heavy :-)

I had some time to myself today and since yesterday I did water changes on everyone I decided to take pictures

Since my sorority had a random meltdown I managed to save two girls
the first one Gemma She is feisty girl who lives in a 1.75 gal that has no gravel, and no heater simply because my bathroom upstairs in south florida stays around 76-78 degrees F. nice right

Second is my other female Cruella Deville. She was white with black and blue spots when I bought her ( hence the name) however she has marbled out a TON! She was originally in my 1.75 gal but she was losing color and freaked out. So I switched her and Gemma into my 1 gal, and TADAAAA she's colored up beautifully. So I just keep the water changes up and she's happier with smaller space (go figure)

before

Now

Cruella's tank setup

Here is my HM Tang, He's been sulking in the 5 gal and fin biting so I made the switch to a 2 gal glass bowl in the bathroom. (most of my tiny tanks are in the bathroom) He has a tea bag in.

Here is my hmpk Dragon Xcalibur He wanted to say Hi

Here my DT male Triton who started out the color in my avi, and has completely changed to a deep red. Its random too because this just started a couple months ago. Welp here is his heated/filtered 2.5 gal setup in my room

This is Triton BEFORE

CRAZY!?!?! yes!

This is Hermie my HMPK Boy who took over Tang's heated/filtered 5gal and he LOVES IT! He's super hyperactive all day so he appreciates the extra swimming space.

FINALLY is my HM male Darth Vader (he's black with red) He is in my previously divided 10 gal (thats what the aq sealant is on the glass). He is my most adventurous boy and a super strong swimmer. He is FAST! He is with 4 albino corycats Enjoying all 10 gallons of space he has.

And finally my dresser Yes I'm a child on the inside (I'm 22) lol!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

love your fish o.o haha, does you HMPK have one big sided ear and the other isn't? XD mine does, lol
and Triton that is big, was blue but now red?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 
Enkil

They look lovely!
What is that decoration Hermmie has?
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #4 
Anitax3x

@ bettalover - yep hermie is actually hermie the misfit. He has one bug ear and one small one. He was adorable but i couldnt get him last fall. So I waited about a month and a half and when I came back to petco he was still in the back. So i brought him home. And triton randomly decided he was gonna be a red fish lol. I dont know why but hes gorgeous either way.

Enkil- he has a fake bonzai i found at petsmart along with a bubbling dragon i got at petsmart. I dont have it hooked up because I like the least amount of movement of water. But it is pretty cool when it bubbles.
Thanks guys I love sharing my setups with you all!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 
gidgeystartedit

I like Darth Vader. I like them all, but Darth Vader is the coolest in my opinion. Nice setups!
gidgeystartedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #6 
Anitax3x

Darth vader is fun to watch, he surprised me with how fast he is despite his big fins. He is really chill too. He doesnt flare much but he's built some of the BIGGEST bubble nests I have ever seen!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #7 
Enkil

I do like that bubbling dragon. I might have to look into getting one of my own. XD Not sure which tank I'd use it in though.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #8 
MoonShadow

Beautiful boys and a great set up!!! I want one of those dragons from petsmart, I'm planning on re doing my sorority and I think a dragon will look great guarding the castle the girls have in their tank!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #9 
Anitax3x

Thanks guys! And oh yeah it would look great in a sorority! can I see what it looks like? I used to have a sorority, sigh. Came home one day, and the girls had decided to kill each other! those 2 girls are the only ones left from 10 girls . It's weird too because I had that sorority up and running for 8 months or so.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #10 
Enkil

Sorry your sorority collapsed. I'm going to have to redo mine here pretty quick. Had some plants that failed on me. They didn't look so great when I bought them. Think they had been sitting on the shelves too long. So just about all of my wisteria just didn't make it. So I've ordered more plants. Not taking any more chances with store bought.
For reference I attached pics of the tank today after removing all the bad plants.
Attached Images