Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #1 
CaseyA

Jack won't eat Omega pellets or bloodworms

Hi Everyone!

Jack is one strange fish. I received the Omega One pellets and San Francisco bloodworms today and let Jack try each. He won't eat the pellets, not even when I tried breaking them up, and he mouthed a bloodworm for a second before spitting it out and letting it sit on the bottom of the tank.

Have I wasted $10 on food or should I try him again tomorrow? I have to do a full water change tomorrow to get the uneaten food out of the tank since the turkey baster isn't doing the job.

Any ideas? He went right after the cheap Tetra BettaMin flakes and is behaving just fine--he just won't eat the new food.
CaseyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #2 
Mo

Lots of bettas have trouble acclimating to different types of floods, I would try for alter a minimum of 3-5 days before you give up. The omega-one pellets are very, nutritional and have a better nutrition content than tetra-min Betta flakes, I would highly recommend omega one pellets
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #3 
CaseyA

Thanks Mo!

I tried soaking both the pellets and later the bloodworms in a bit of water for a few minutes (Jack is fed very small quantities a few times a day.) The pellets sank to the bottom as before, but when I looked a while afterward I don't see the pieces where they settled. I'm not sure if they were eaten or not. The soaked bloodworm, on the other hand, was readily consumed.

I know the food oughtn't be soaked since the nutrients will leach but perhaps the soaking will be enough to get him to take the food straight tomorrow.

Wow, I can't believe I'm obsessing over the eating habits of a fish. My life has taken quite a strange turn!
CaseyA is offline   Reply With Quote