betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #51 
Anitax3x

WOW I'm in LOVE Gorgeous bettas!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #52 
Sincerely

The Last One

So apparently I lied, I said those are all of my new imports...well not anymore. I wish he was posted yesterday instead of today but I couldn't pass him up

The only thing I don't like about him is his anal fin which is a tad long, I love everything else about him though. Evenly split lobes which stretch into a perfect 180 (And still retain the D shape), large dorsal, LOVE his coloring and his fins are clean cut, no extra branching. I am not sure if he is short bodied or if because of his fins it makes him look that way. I want to use him to bring large dorsals and DT into the line.

Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #53 
Yaoilover12397

Just wondering Sincerely, your new imports, what sellers did you buy them from?
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #54 
Sincerely

I recently purchased my new imports from Chaba, Aquastar71, Sirinutfarms and Blimp33. They are all HM and I told myself no more because I will have enough to spawn as it is

What are you looking for?

-Sincerely
Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #55 
Yaoilover12397

I need a male to buy for my mom, possibly use him for spawning as well as I'd always love more females.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #56 
tpocicat

Beautiful babies. Blue is also my favorite color. I have several blues in my current spawn too.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #57 
PitGurl

Babies are looking great I only have 5 left from my spawn of HMPKs but they are growing like weeds. They're a little small for four weeks but I've got them eating skeeter larva so I'm hoping with such good food they'll have a growth spurt soon and catch up.

The DT is beautiful. His caudal is perfect. He is fairly short bodied but bred to a long bodied female he should be ok. I plan on doing a DT spawn next. I just love their dorsals. I have a bid on a male right now and if I win him I will be contacting Karen Mac Auley about a halfmoon girl. Hopefully she has some HM's with DT geno.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #58 
Sincerely

A Census?

I have been watching the babies conformation as they grow and they look promising! I can already tell which ones have their daddies dorsal and if I get a female with his dorsal I will breed her back to him to retain it. They are all growing around the same rate but there is this one who is considerably larger than its siblings (I'm not sure if it hit its growth spurt early or what.) I've named it Munster. I'll take some photos when I get home of Munster (yes Munster, not monster) so you see what I'm taking about.

Okay Pitgurl thanks for confirming what I thought! Yes, he most definitely will be bred to a long bodied girl and I think I know just the one. I'm going have so many fry when I have these next two spawns

And since the babies are older now, should I do an official count of my babies?

-Sincerely
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #59 
Sincerely

Just a quick update tonight, I'm more tired than I thought I would be.

The babies are about 5 1/2 weeks old now and they are getting big! Almost all are Royal Blues (i have only a few that are turquoise like their father) but I have not seen any with red wash so that is a plus! Some I'm already seeing as keepers but I will be narrowing it down to the two best pairs and will be selling the rest or adopting out. After culling I am left with approximately 30-35 fry. I think this is a good size number for me to learn how to jar and to learn the growth process in jarred bettas.

Another peice of news I read is that if you see large differences in betta fry size you are not feeding enough (This is where I seem to have stumbled slightly with having some runts and some very large fry) so the babies are being fed more.

Lastly, an interesting note is Kanki has completely lost his butterfly pattern on his fins and is turning into a solid turquoise betta. Ill have to take an updated photo of him for you all to see

Pictures soon I promise! *Writes "Take Photos" on forehead*

-Sincerely
Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #60 
Anitax3x

You are a true role model! Wow!

Side note, your 60 gal is awesome, is that a soil based tank? What plants do you have in there? Co2 ?
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote