Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Wink CT/PK with VT spawn

I know I'll get VT and some messy fins LOL. But I may breed the f1's anyways, 3rd day in there the HUGE nest was built by the male AND the female. Today is day three, and they are spawning as I am typing =D

He's having some trouble wrapping around her but she did dorp some eggs he stuck into the nest <3 He's doing good for a newbie!

I had gut stuffed them with mealworm meat, freeze dried and their pellets. The water is at 80 in the 10 gallon, cleaned yesterday (and added cooler water, conditioned). I have black water extract in there right now, live plants, two hidey spots, and the water level is at 4 inches. I have a sponge filter in another tank, fully cycled.

Microworms, powdered, egg yolk, mniscule pellets and fairy shrimp :3 I intend to do a daily water change with the turkey baster as my helper.

Wish me luck <3 well, really, wish THEM luck =D
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

Can't wait to see what babies you get~!
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

I can't either They are dong SO well! three dozen so far that I saw... I haven't been keeping an eye on them for the whole thing. There's one missed egg, neither saw... x.x so it's chilling in the bottom. all well. We'll just have to see <3
Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 
BeckyFish97

Good luck to both mamma and dadda, and you!!!Vid?
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I got one on my phone but my phone is being lame and saying it is too big to send to my email >:( it worked before.... D: All well. I'll try getting some pictures of the dad now lol. The pictures of them spawning turned out bad x.x -sigh-
Old 05-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #6 
indianabetta

Good luck! I love that boy! Too bad you are in canada, we could do some fry swapping later on :/ I hope you get hundreds! I wonder what a crowntail veiltail would look like.....
indianabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #7 
indianabetta

Tiara tails!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

well I expect most VT, probably short finned, some "shag" I'd be lucky to get combtails (tiara tails? xD) this generation. I might take a comb (if there is one, or one with more rays) and breed back to daddy - I dunno yet :)

I expect mostly reds and blues as well (and probably some..."what the heck??" xD)
Old 05-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #9 
indianabetta

Well I am a wedding photographer, and since the crown is more a masculine thing, I kinda thought "veil" tail makes me think of bride, thats why I said tiara tail lol Since I have brides wearing Tiaras every now and then
Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #10 
Luimeril

i dunno if you'd get any combs this gen. if i'm not mistaken, it'd mostly be veils with reduced webbing, very shaggy looking tails. for color, mostly reds, blues, red wash, unless both are carrying something interesting.

as for your male, he looks like a young Crown to me, not a CTPK, which is one of the most interesting-looking bettas i've ever seen.

i've had CTs of various ages, and my own King Steve started with a shorter tail. :B even if he was a CT/PK cross, he'd have ratty finnage, rather than the beautiful finnage he does. since you got him from a breeder, it makes sense for him to be younger, and thus shorter finnage.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote