Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 
Tamyu

Sometimes I wonder if my girl ever poops...

I mean, I know she must as she eats like a pig, isn't fat or bloated, and is very healthy... But I have never found any of it, nor have I ever seen her go.
I find the waste from my male when I vacuum his tank, so I know what it looks like... But my female? Nothing. I vacuum her tank and always take a look in the bucket. Broken off bits of plant and a missed pellet or two, and that is it. The tank has fine sand in the bottom, so it isn't slipping down between gravel.

It is a total mystery. Where does it go?!?
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

I'm sure that the 'missed pellet or two' is her poop. My girls have poop shaped and colored like my pellets.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #3 
Tamyu

The male's looks like a rolled up ball, and it is about the same size as a pellet, but there is a clear difference between it and a pellet... The pellets mold after a day, but the poop doesn't. And the pellets expand a LOT after being in the water a while. An expanded moldy pellet looks a lot different than poop or a fresh pellet.

I am wondering whether she is hiding in a hard to vacuum spot to go, or if it is being sucked into the filter and being disintegrated before I see it.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #4 
Rosso1011

You just may have to find her corner. One of my boys likes to drop his piles in the back corners of the tank.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just noticed that one of my boys does the same thing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

My Betta. When I see him poo, ( Which seems to be never, lol ) it's like a orange string, which is the color of his Pellets, and the Pellet comes along with it. Now a days, I never see him poo anymore. He's not fat. I just don't see it, sometimes.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #7 
True Indigo

I was worried a bit at first about my guy. I couldn't see ANY of his poop, then one day after doing a 100% water change, I found it in a very specific corner out of normal site. XD
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #8 
lelei

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][/color] Lol..too funny..My Sammy has found a place and he rests over his plant..and the plant acts as a filter..and catches the droppings..and I fish em out..no pun intended..haha..but yea..he makes it ez to find and dispose of..lol..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #9 
Sheldon31

Never seen Kyon poop now I think about it. When he was in the tank on his own for a bit I would take out his cave and I realised he was just private about his functions and was going in there.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote