Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #1 
ootfifawithbubba

Pls help tail biteing

so my boy bubba i think has been tail biting or may have minor fin rot , these pics are of him when he had no spikey plant , as a noob i got a plant and its been mesin with him BUT i toook it out so know its getting worse these are a few weeks ago pics pls take a look at his top fin its the worst , and i never see him biteing , aand take in mind that it looks a little bit worser than this but i think the split down the middle in his top fin is healin the pics may not look so good tho
Attached Images

ootfifawithbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2 
ootfifawithbubba

i hope my bubbas ok , and the tank is ok for my vt that they will be switching in and out tanks
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

We need some more info....tank size, filter, live plants, water temp, additives used, appetite, tank mates, how long have you had him, how much and how often are the water changes.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 
Luimeril

his tank looks very bare, either way. he could be tail biting due to stress and boredom.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #5 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
his tank looks very bare, either way. he could be tail biting due to stress and boredom.
agreed
not sure if he is in a hospital tank or not. but try changing up his decor once in a while.
I change my Spike's scenery every month. Manly just to give him entertainment but also because I'm a paranoid momma and afraid he'd start biting away his gorgeous fins :)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #6 
ootfifawithbubba

we think the tank is 2gall and hes got one plant and a sleepy leaf , his old cup that i boght him in is in there sideways so he can use it for whatever , and hes got a bubble maker . no gravell and i use the aqua safe stuff around 10 drops and he eats betta food pellets 1 or 2 or 3 a day sometimes i skipp feeding if he seems fat or full and no watter heater but hes ok
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #7 
ootfifawithbubba

oh ya hes got 2 floaty lps fish toys
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #8 
FishyFishy89

I would try changing/or adding/removing decor maybe once a week or every 2 weeks. maybe even once a month.

What you have for him is a very plain environment. Add hiding places. Not hiding places that can be seen right through like his cup. More plants. Maybe some gravel or sand.

Why don't you have any gravel or sand? Bedding of some sort?

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 05-10-2012 at 08:01 PM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

Also got to ask, what is the temperature? Remember that bettas need temps between 78 and 82F. He'll heal more quickly in water of that temperature than in cold water.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #10 
ootfifawithbubba

he has no heater its room temp and my house is kept at 70 amyway , my mom had a freind who had huge bettas with a tank that had nothin in it , i wonder how she did it, anyway i put the plant back in and thismorning he has a rip in his butt fin ( i dont remember what its called) so i was going to change watter anyyway , back in the vase for bubbba and im gona get clear pics of brooke for u guys , and if bubba improves in the tank il tell u