Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1 
AFishTale

Question Which girl? *Video*

Working on ordering a marble HMPK pair, and possibly a CTPK pair-- Anyway, I need to pick one of these lovely ladies. I really love the coloring on the black and white, and she seems to have a larger dorsal; while the red and white may have a better cadual.. I'm not great at female form yet. Opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n0RJ...1&feature=plcp

Last edited by AFishTale; 05-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #2 
AFishTale

In case the video does not work, here's some general screenshots.

Black & White Marble

Red & White Marble
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #3 
Curlyfatbottom

Body
The first one
Fin
Second one
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

As far as I can tell, they have similar dorsals. I can't see clearly because of their light color, but I think the white has better overall finnage. The black-white looks as if her caudal doesn't completely open 180*.

Black-white has better body (if you draw a line from her head/nose to the middle of her end body, top and bottom are fairly equal) and has wider end body (where caudal grows). But the white's faults should easily be covered by a good formed male.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #5 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
As far as I can tell, they have similar dorsals. I can't see clearly because of their light color, but I think the white has better overall finnage. The black-white looks as if her caudal doesn't completely open 180*.

Black-white has better body (if you draw a line from her head/nose to the middle of her end body, top and bottom are fairly equal) and has wider end body (where caudal grows). But the white's faults should easily be covered by a good formed male.
That's what I thought, finnage wise. I'm leaning in her direction.. Now to pick a male with good body symmetry.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #6 
KadenJames

Sathit (NineBettas on Aquabid) just sent me some updates on stock he's got available. He sent me several images of different marbles he has, or "fancy dragons." There's one in here in particular that I think would go well with either female. His anal is just a touch too long, but he has pretty nice overall form.

$20 for him.

KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #7 
tpocicat

He's really nice IMO. Why does the anal look too long in the first pic, but not in the second?
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #8 
Animalfreak

O.O he is pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Animalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #9 
KadenJames

It's the way the anal is bending in the different pictures. He was probably waving his body as he flared, so in one picture the anal was bent away from us, and in the second it was bent towards us, making it seem shorter.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #10 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadenJames View Post
Sathit (NineBettas on Aquabid) just sent me some updates on stock he's got available. He sent me several images of different marbles he has, or "fancy dragons." There's one in here in particular that I think would go well with either female. His anal is just a touch too long, but he has pretty nice overall form.

$20 for him.

Stunning! If I was more comfortable with Aquabid, I'd snatch him up. However, I think I'm going to get a marble HMPK to pair with her from the same person. (All his Bettas are imports anyway.) Hopefully I'll have video of them tonight.