Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 
shadow123

Need a betta

Well lately I have been looking for a betta.But when i go to aqua bid the prices are to high and I can't get them I don't have much of what they ask for so if any one has a betta that would be great.
shadow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 
Leeniex

Go to a petstore. Petsmart/Petco have nice ones.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #3 
Twilight Storm

Try your local pet stores, walmart, pet supplies plus, some superstores and grocery stores too if you just want a pet. (Petsmart/petco do have really good selection usually compared to other places.)

If you want to breed them, post in the wanted forum here for what you are looking for exactly and someone might be able to point you to a breeder who might be able to help you.

You didn't really provide too many details here in your post as to what you are looking for. :D Keep in mind shipping is going to cost at LEAST $15 if you have a fish shipped to you. It might be more depending on the type of shipping + cost of fish. (Not sure what you have read yet here, sorry if you know about shipping charges locally.)

BTW welcome to the forum! :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #4 
nicebear24

I would go to a aquarium they have nice bettas with awesome colors for a resonable price

Good LUCK!
nicebear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #5 
shadow123

Sorry for answering so late but, I am going to check out the pet stores and especially Pet-smart and Petco that sounds like an idea. And I'm going to try Aqua bid for pairs.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #6 
SamJustice

First off: where do you live?
I'm asking 'cause if you live near me (or Cincinnati/Florence Kentucky) check out Jack Aquarium and Pets. They have pretty healthy bettas and some really pretty ones. (There's like 2 yellow multi-colors down at the Florence location).

And World of Pets (down in Florence) has a wonderful selection of betta supplies (tanks, heaters, FOODS [my bettas now have like 5 kinds of foods. lol], plants, everything).

But if you don't... You can order stuff from Jack's i'm sure... As it is, people order stuff from jack's through my cousin and he ships it to them..
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #7 
shadow123

I live in New York and that sounds amazing but i need time to come up with a little more money maybe you can post some pics of the bettas if that's OK with you
Old 05-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #8 
sunlight

We have relatives in New York. We go there maybe once or twice a year. We just went there 5 weeks ago. I will keep your name just in case i will go soon. I would bring you a betta. I love to buy them just to get them out of the store. Or if you go to Philadelphia you can call me. Let me know if it sounds interesting.

Also my brother go there for US tennis opening every year I think in September.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #9 
SamJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow123 View Post
I live in New York and that sounds amazing but i need time to come up with a little more money maybe you can post some pics of the bettas if that's OK with you
I will next time I'm down there. Rev and Raph both came from there this past week. They had a few like Raph, and some yellow multicolors (like Rev, but Rev is more colorful), blues, blacks, reds, there was a pineapple, and an orange. XD

The only have crowntails and veiltails though. They don't carry HMs, PKs, or DTs.
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #10 
shadow123

that sounds amazing sunlight because i go to philly to see my cousin