Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #1 
nicebear24

What type of Betta.......?

So, I was thinking of buying another Betta, but I don't know which kind to get, also I am not sure for the color, and if any of you have good names I would be very happy to read them!

Thanks a MILLION!
nicebear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

It really depends on your preferences. Do you like longer tails? Do you prefer male over female? What colors do you like more than others?
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #3 
shadowpony

Just go to the store (or aquabid) and find a fish you like. Maybe the one that swims up to you or the one. That makes you gasp when you see his/her fins.
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

@shadowpony

I totally agree. That's what i did with my yellow betta. I also like looking all the way in the back of the shelf to see the bettas that no one else looks at because they are hidden ;D
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #5 
Pucky21811

Same: go to the pet store every once in a while until you find one that, "speaks," to you. I went in after Puck passed away with an open mind, especially open to gender. (I had a female and male name) But I was really looking for a little girl. No girl really appealed to me for an hour of me staring at the shelf. I was there so long that the Petsmart workers decided to restock the betta around me. Moving out of their way, I actually started to comb through their carts that was stocked with betta before they put it on the shelves. I just started picking up any cup I grabbed and looked inside. I had about three in my arm (debating between the three- I only came for one) when I picked up one female cup- and I saw the most beautiful Cambodian VT I had ever seen. The beautiful boys I had in my arm went out on the shelf, unfortunately, but I brought my Winnipeg home. You never know what you are going to get, you may surprise yourself!
Pucky21811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #6 
Thunderloon

Cambi was probably my most beautiful and healthy fish as well, a five color clown-splotch cambodian VT girl with tail the size of a dollar coin.

She's the one that had her swim bladder damaged by perching on the filter intake. She powered to the surface for the next seven months... Two laps round the tank whenever she woke up!

zoooOOOoooooooOOOOOooooMM GULP. Hi cambi!
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #7 
Keroro

When I went to go pick up my new fish at petsmart I had an idea in mind: a fish with colors similar to a peacock. I searched and searched, many were handsome but not appealing to my eye, and many were gorgeous and well built.

But when I came across Keroro I knew it was time to take that little one home because my jaw dropped to the floor! :)

You just sort of have to *feel* which one is best for you.. as earthy-crunchy as that sounds!
Keroro is offline   Reply With Quote