Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #21 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho View Post
They hold 3.5 gallons of water apparently the owner of the tanks stated himself. :) Also heating is a non-issue for these tubs, they won't melt I believe, so just stick a heater in there, and for a 3.5 a filter is not needed but if you really wanted one, I guess those mini-internal filters could work.
Yep. Just stick a small heater in one of these and they work great. I have two small clear tubs right now for two guys I wasn't expecting to get. They're kind of cool because I have them set up like little river beds. I just put in some big rocks, a place to hide, and then lay the silk plants sideways and the bettas love darting in and out of them. One "tank" even has a couple of cherry shrimp in with the newest betta. Both fish perch and explore and seem to be very happy with their surroundings.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #22 
Sheldon31

So if I was to see a gorgeous red male VT that I am looking for (I know they are really common but I want the perfect boy for me) at my LFS and wanted to get him NOW, I could get him, put him in one of those plastic tubs while my project tank cycles? Realistically speaking. How exactly would I do all that?
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #23 
Pogthefish

then how do you heat hem?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #24 
Pogthefish

3.5 s
Old 05-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #25 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
then how do you heat hem?
Get a preset heater designed for a small tank. Just like you heat all the other tanks...heh.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #26 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
So if I was to see a gorgeous red male VT that I am looking for (I know they are really common but I want the perfect boy for me) at my LFS and wanted to get him NOW, I could get him, put him in one of those plastic tubs while my project tank cycles? Realistically speaking. How exactly would I do all that?
I don't see why you can't make that a permanent home for a Betta, probably provides the same amount of swimming room (length wise) as a 5g. Just buy the tub, wash it, get a heater, decorate it (optional), acclimate the Betta, plop him in, done.

Also for heating it, just get a heater? Like, you would for any other tank?
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #27 
Pogthefish

what about filtration?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #28 
Micho

Like I said, tanks smaller than 5g filtration is optional, since you can't really cycle it (you can cycle tanks under 5g, but that's another story). You could buy a filter, like a Tom Mini Internal Filter would work, if you really wanted a filter, I don't use filters in my 2.5g.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #29 
Pogthefish

ok
Old 05-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #30 
Sheldon31

Something like that wouldn't be ok perminantly in my house purely because the lid would just be too easy for my daughter to take off and stick her hands in at any given opportunity and it would be light enough for her to try to pick up and potentially kill a fish. I've been sorting out my 8gal for a new betta. A 50watt with a thermostat would be too much for it wouldn't it?
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote