Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #31 
Gizmothefreaky

Like i said, i am done. And i am unsubscribing from this thread.

I tried to help, and was reacted to immaturely. I never attacked the op, and if my tone came across harsh i apologise, but it is rather difficult to convey tone with just letters over the internet. I am simply passionate about an animal i have spent a great many years caring for, and want to help others give them the proper care. Ive had ADFs longer than i ever thought about owning bettas, so i know a thing or two.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #32 
JennybugJennifer

C'ya
JennybugJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #33 
Romad
TFK Moderator

@ Gizmo,

Jennybug realizes that she doesn't have the ideal setup in that 2.5 gallon tank and is going to upgrade. The argument should have ended there. Your advice was taken and noted.
And yes, it's hard to convey in type what you're trying to say but you were a little harsh in your posts.

@ Jennybug,

You've already learned how some chain store employees are not too well informed as most of us had to learn when we first started tanks. Kudos to you for saving up to upgrade to what's best for your fish and frog. Keep up with those water changes in the meantime.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #34 
JennybugJennifer

Thank you romad, yes I've learned my lesson but unfortunately I had bought Frogger when I didn't know this and trusted them. I've had him about a week or two but now I know not to listen to them.
Just yesterday when I was looking for a suitable and affordable home for jaws two ladies told me "oh you don't need that, this half gallon is plenty big enough and cheaper". I ignored her and bought him a 2.5.
And I'm sorry I made the wrong choice but to me it looked like jaws needed more than 1/2 that he had for two weeks more than Frogger needed 10g :( I had to pick.
Gizmo I'm sorry I was so rude and defensive to you. But I got stuck in this situation and I am trying my best to get what's right for my boys ASAP. I just didn't expect all this because I was one of the people they fooled and thought I could plop my fish on a bowl feed him and water change him and that's it. So I wasnt financially prepared for bigger cages and such.
I got $3 frogs, and $3 Betta and I thought I was ok.
I'm very sorry for being so rude to you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #35 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmm, how about we better the situation by putting either the snail or frog in Jaw's tank, so then not everyone is in the 2.5 with the other betta? That could even things out a bit more, sometimes you just gotta work with what you got for the time being. :)
Just be sure that you see your frog eating (and not the fish eating his food). You can't really tell when a frog is skinny, so sometimes they starve and you won't even know it.

A lot of us have listened to pet shops in the past, so don't feel too bad about it.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #36 
JennybugJennifer

I haven't seen him eat but I make sure I put the pellets in places pearl can't see and I think it's working however pearl is fat. But I fed him lots of bloodworms last week :/
Um I can't put anything with jaws because I tried it and he bit Frogger and tried to bit Frankie's tummy
I may just get another critter keeper for Frogger to have to himself
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #37 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha, I guess you named him Jaws for a good reason.
Another kritter keeper for Frogger would be a good choice!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #38 
Bombalurina

Have you got $15 and a local Petsmart? If so, this could be a good option: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11164156.

I hate browsing US sites - the prices are just sickeningly cheap!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #39 
JennybugJennifer

I have no money right now :(
To help this situation I placed pearl in a one gallon alone.
I think he was eating all froggers food. So now I got jaws In his own 2.5g and now Frogger and Frankie in a 2.5g alone and pearl alone in a one gallon
But I don't have a heater for him. Gahhhhhhhn
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #40 
Bombalurina

I'd keep him in the 2.5 and put the snail in the one gal instead. The bioload is about the same. :) That way, your betta can stay heated. Although nerites prefer tropical water, he doesn't need it as warm as the betta, so by wrapping a towel around the bowl and putting clingfilm over the top to create humidity, he should stay warm enough. Especially if you put him somewhere high-up and enclosed.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote