Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #1 
balbrt1

New betta needs help

Just registered tonight but have been reading great info. Not had bettas for several yrs but got 2 last night. I got the 2.5 tank with a divider in it. I have a veil tail betta which is doing good and a crowntail which needs help. Whenever I left this am both was fine but when I came home tonight I thought I had lost the crowntail. Looked and looked for him and finally found him in the same side of tank with the veil tail. (Poncho) I was really worried because the 2 males were together. I got the crown tail (Cisco) back into his side of the tank. He does not show any harm was done to him but now he just hides by the filter and will not eat. He ate last night and this morning. Do you think he will be ok? I am so worried about. It is late so it will have to be tomorrow before I can try to get him a tank of his own. I have no clue how he got himself into the other side of the tank....Thank you do much got any advice.:)
balbrt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #2 
Micho

He probably jumped, Bettas are jumpers! Or the divider had a hole in it or some sort, but he probably jumped.

A divided 2.5g is not recommended, I would get Cisco his own tank right away! Cisco is probably just scared from the encounter he ran into, or jumped into. He'll calm down in a few days or so, getting his own tank will help with that.

Lucky you didn't end up with badly beaten boys, some members here have been not so lucky when they're Bettas hopped across the divider. :P
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #3 
balbrt1

I was frantic when I could not find Cisco. I have the mini globe tank and tomorrow I will be getting poor Cisco his own tank. I am retired and my husband and I do alot of camping in an RV so for now my boys have to travel with us but I will be taking really good care of them. I don't have anyone to feed them so with me they must go. Maybe they will like to travel/camp with us as much as my fur babies....lol. Thank you for your support.
balbrt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #4 
Micho

:) Travelling sounds fun! The only concern I have is how you are heating the tanks? Bettas are tropical fish and need the water temperature to be at a preferred temperature range of 78F ~ 82F in order to thrive.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote