Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #21 
TheCheese909

Yay! I'm glad its working for him :)

As for the vacuum, you don't need to shake it in the water, this way is much easier and doesn't cause any splashing or anything. And yes, make sure you have a bucket of some sort to catch the water, this little thing is a beast and takes water out pretty quickly.

The way I vacuum my tank is I take 50% of the water out then fill it back up with conditioned water as close to the same temp as i can get it then vacuum once more. Once you start vacuuming regularly you shouldn't need to do it twice like that, but i usually go a few weeks inbetween my water changes (shh don't tell anyone, they'll yell at me lol). Some people leave their fish in the tank, but if you haven't vacuumed in a long time you're going to want to cup him for a little while because the tank can get really gross lol.

Skip to 4:00 - she shows the easiest way to do it
http://youtu.be/6rny12X9KaI
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constipation