Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #21 
baileyellicott

my betta's name is Fish. he got the name because i took so long deciding on a name and i was just calling him Fish, and it just stuck! (his middle name is Filet... o_O)
baileyellicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #22 
clarinetplayer

I always name my bettas from characters in the pirates of the caribbean. I'm starting a sorority soon though so I might need to come up with different names.. I can only think of 3 women in pirates of the caribbean. XD
clarinetplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #23 
lilyrazen

That's funny Wolfie, I named my new boy after Skyrim - Vilkas. He was always my favorite of the companions, and I love how he's portrayed as a smart, strong man rather than a typical warrior.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #24 
makoisland

When I got my betta I had no idea what I was going to name him. I brought him home and my brother suggested Ash or Zane (H20: Just Add Water), so I ended up naming the fishy after Mako Island on H20.

When I start my sorority, I already have 4 names reserved for 4 of the girls: Emma, Rikki, Cleo, and Bella. LOL
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #25 
Lenimph

Lately all my fish have been getting their names from Bioware games.

Hawke, Isabetta, Liara, Wrex, Grunt....
Lenimph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #26 
clarinetplayer

Well my newest betta stopped the pirates of the Caribbean name trend. He didn't seem like any pirates and I ended up naming him dragon.
clarinetplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #27 
Bethydan

Wystan means "battle stone" and he was a brutish aggressive viking-fish when I got him. The Magster was named after a Dickens character than reminds me of him personality-wise. Seemingly surly and dangerous, but really sweet and simple. And Padan Fain is from my WoT fantasy series. A character that ends up diseased and obsessed with murdering the lead male. Fain came to me diseased and determined to annihilate anything that he thought might *possibly* maybe be another male. Now's he just a brat.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #28 
xXGalaxyXx

Usually I just think of random words that fit the fishes color or personality and whichever sticks, stays. The only fish I have with a story behind his name is Nightmare. He used to be called Luna, until I figured out he was the one attacking the girls in the sorority he was in (I could have sworn he was female! D:). After I removed him from the sorority and got him his own tank, I asked for name suggestions here, and someone suggested Nightmare. Not only am I a huge MLP fan (Princess Luna = Nightmare Moon, heh), but the whole 'nightmare' he caused in the sorority just made the name stick.
I also have my three twilight themed girls Alice, Bella and Rosalie. But my mom named them, so I don't really count them. XD
Otherwise, it's basically like this:
"Oh, you spin in circles? Hm...lets call you Dizzy!"
"Hey, you have a colorful tail. Your name is Skittles!"
"You are pink. Pink is a sweet color. Truffles are sweet. Your name is Truffle."
"You are green. Lyra is a green pony. Your name is Lyra."
"lol I just want to call you Kryptonite because can."
And so on and so forth...
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #29 
SarahandOscar

[quote=lilyrazen;1079176]I always love hearing the stories of people naming their fish, so ramble on.

I'm a crazy perfectionist with OCD so a month in and my 4 boys still have nothing.

I was going to go with band names that i love but nothing fit quite right, (Incubus, Metallica, In Flames, Chimaira, The Mars Volta??) not for fishies i think.

Then i was going to go with Coop (Sheldon Cooper) Witz (Howard Wolowitz) Pali (Raj Koothrappali) and Hoff (Leonard Hofstadter) but then Hoff is too much like "the Hoff" and i have a 5th tank set up for a gorgeous boy that was sold before i got back to the shop and i can't think of a 5 part male dynamic that i like.

Then there are the muppet characters that i'm leaning more closely to cause there's alot of possibilities (Statler, Waldorf, Cookie, Grover, Snuffy, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, Telly etc.)
I'm just too indecisive, It took me a week to name my puppy Oscar.... that in mind I kinda started with the muppets theme didn't I?

Oh Oh Oh did i just decide on a theme? I think i did Woo Hoo!!! ok so in order I would like to introduce Statler, Waldorf, Cookie, Telly and Oscar (my pup)

YEY!!!
Attached Images

SarahandOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #30 
Sheldon31

[quote=SarahandOscar;1083142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyrazen View Post
I was going to go with band names that i love but nothing fit quite right, (Incubus, Metallica, In Flames, Chimaira, The Mars Volta??) not for fishies i think.

YEY!!!
You love Incubus! I love Incubus! About time I found someone else who loves them! I was going to call my daughter Brandon Boyd Jones... Chimaira would have been a cool name for a betta.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote