Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #1 
Bearcho

Wink Hello, Bearcho here!!!

Hello
I'm Bearcho, I'm 25 years old, I recently moved out of my parents house and I told my roommate I wanted a pet and while thinking of a good pet that won't freak out my roommate or annoy him (Not that he won't be willing to let me have a pet, I just need to think about the fact that I'm living with someone else and I need to respect him) I remembered my childhood wish of owning a fish pretty fish :P

I also decided to get a betta because I have always liked them and since I was a little kid I always wanted a fish or fishes as pets, but sadly the only time I tried to have a a full aquarium it went horribly wrong because I went with what the people in the pet store told me and the 15 little fishes started eating each other and died, I cried so much (I was 17yo... Well I still would cry if that ever happens again to me XD)... I was so sad, cuz I really had this big tank at my work place (I used to work at a public library in those days and it was perfect because me and my coworkers all took care of them, but in the end it all went wrong even when we followed everything we where told at the pet shop...) and at the end it was money wasted.

So now that I have the opportunity I want a beta mostly because I feel sad when I see people not treating them right and keeping them in small jars (And I mean small as in mayonnaise size jars).

My roommate liked the idea specially because we are both fans of Disney's "The little Mermaid" since we where little kids (I have "Part of your world" as a text tone in my cell phone and he sings that song almost every day XD) and I told him I wanted to put an Ariel figurine inside of it :P

Please be patient with me if I ever mess up. Oh and one more thing, I'm from Tijuana, in Mexico, but don't worry I have no trouble at all with English (well, sometimes I get a weird accent when talking) but I can understand almost perfectly everything, and when I don't I Google that thing up XD

I hope soon I can get an awesome betta and to share with you pictures ^___^
Have a nice day!

Last edited by Bearcho; 05-13-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Bearcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Welcome to the Forum!!! :D
Oh, and it's spelled Betta. With 2 T's.
Since you're going to prepare for your Betta, the minimum for the size of your tank is 2.5 gallons. Unless you want to deal with ALOT of water changes.
Oh, and you also need a heater. They are Tropical Fish.
I'm sorry for telling you too much. It's just that, isn't it bad enough that Betta Fish are kept in Poo-Filled, Disgusting, Pint-Sized Cups?
Anyway, Good Luck with your New Betta!!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

all i can say is:

welcome! and........

http://www.Bettatalk.com
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #4 
Spazzfish

Welcome!
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #5 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping.....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures and seeing pics...

Enjoy your stay....

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #7 
Bearcho

Thank's to all of you. I'm sure am exited about getting a betta, still i need to do a lot of research on how to do it properly.
I'm looking forward to sharing pictures in the future when I get my little fella
^___^
Bearcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #8 
BeckyFish97

Welcome to the forum!!!If you need anything let us know and we will try our best to help!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction