Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #1 
Bladezero

New member's tribe of betta :)

Hello everyone, I've been reading \ learning from this forum for a while now and decided to finally register and help others if I can :)

Here are my betta fish, all of them were sick when I took them, some still are but they will be just fine in no time when their new home arrives :)

By this order:
Oscar, my first one battling with finrot \ tail biting(i think) for the second time now, when I got him it was from a half full plastic cup full of green water and he was tiny thin with a few extra sickness but he'll be healthy one day :D

Popeye(or Olivie if its a girl), got this one less then a week ago.. It's a long story about him but lets just say I couldn't leave a 5-6week old betta rotting in greenish yellowish water with a cloudy eye and wrong feeding..

Shanks, he only had a bad case of constipation, doing great now that he is in new home(10g), moved him there only yesterday.. was a few weeks in a bowl while getting this home ready :)

Fang, Right now in his temp home untill the new one arrives(40g fully divided{no water share}) he will get 10g as will the others :) About him.. He has something, I believe parasites but can't see them.. symptom are lying on the bottom most of the time, being a scary puss(might just be him cause I have him less then a week but he does come up to my finger to eat) but the thing that got me really worried is that he scratches one side of the face in frenzy, if he flares he goes into frenzy with itching after.. if he breathes heavily from being scared he will scratch just abit.. same with random times..

Mario, Wasn't planning on getting this one.. but he jumped on me from his cup(same store as popeye and fang, happened when I took them(was alot of people in the store and he went bezerk in his cup only when I came near) Has finrot tho, gonna treat him this week..

My two first girls, Alpha and Blondi.. I need more, last pic is their future home in the setting 25-30G.. gonna be heavily planted and just for them and a few snails I want a large amount of girls there tho :)

Merlin, He is my second and him I got for free after I insisted to put him on treatment in the store because of his tail..
Second pic is from half a hour ago, he tore his tail and abit of the bottom fin when I was out 2 days ago and the light in my room went out and all was left was his in the tank(mirror time for a few hours) recovering well :D

Last the future tank of the girls :D

Sorry for the long post and Hello everyone :D
Attached Images

Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

You have very pretty Betta Fish. So sad of what happens in Pet Stores, right?
I hope all your Sick Betta's recover. I lost my former one to a sickness...
Oh, don't worry. None of these were his sickness. Good Luck, though!!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #3 
Jessicatm137

Hello and welcome to the form! I love your fish. I hope they recover soon!
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #4 
betta lover1507

i love alpha and merlin the most :) welcome to forum ;D your fish are beautiful o.o
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #5 
lissienen

Merlin is one beautiful fish.

It was nice to hear all of their stories and good to see that they've been given a good home. I hope the ones who were sick continue to get better.
lissienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #6 
Bladezero

Thanks everyone :)

Yea pet stores are betta hell.. I get so pissed when I see the betta in small dirty cups when on the shelf above are all the 1-3g bowls sitting empty.. I mean 99% of the people will buy him with a bowl anyway.. so why not give him a less confining rotting temp home?
Sorry to hear that, from what he died?

I will do everything I can so they will get better and have a great life :)

Popeye gained around 60-70% of his vision in the left eye(was blind and very cloudy) almost clear now :)
Can't really see in the picture but he \ she is going to be a double ray crowntail :)

Gonna try to do a spawn next month, from Shank or merlin with someone :)
I promise to give the forum first grabs on the young ones when they are big enough :D
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #7 
deso

Those tiny dirty cups are nothing compared to what I saw the other day at the chain pet store, Animalis. Some awful monster of a child had apparently dumped a sparkly sand-like substance into the display betta's small aquarium, and the poor little fish (who seemed to be less than two months old) looked like he was suffocating in it. People really need to start teaching their children some respect and compassion again in this day and age. If I had room for more than one fish in my shoebox of a flat, I'd have taken him home.

Good on you, Bladezero, for doing such a nice thing for all of your fish! :)
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

[quote=Bladezero;1080955]Thanks everyone :)

Yea pet stores are betta hell.. I get so pissed when I see the betta in small dirty cups when on the shelf above are all the 1-3g bowls sitting empty.. I mean 99% of the people will buy him with a bowl anyway.. so why not give him a less confining rotting temp home?
Sorry to hear that, from what he died? [/quote/]

I was VERY unexperienced of owning Betta Fish back then. Well, here's the story. I prepared my tank for my 1st Betta Fish. I went to PetSmart and bought this beautiful Blue Betta.
I decided to buy it. I named him Shaq. The thing is. I forgot to Acclimate. He got Ich after 3 days of owning him. I tried to heal him. With Aquarium Salt & Heat. On the day after a week of owning him, I found him stuck. In a Plant Decoration. I was heart-broken. I never wanted to try owning 1 again. But my parents convinced me. And now I have Lebron. This time I did acclimate and he has been living with me for more than 3 weeks!!! The lesson is, Acclimate, or you're going to be sorry.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote