I've lost about 50% of my spawn
. Not really sure why but guessing a water quality issue. I noticed more and more fry were having issues swimming. The hornwort I used dropped all its darn needles and my pond snails had a population explosion all adding to the ammonia levels. I've been trying to siphion as much as I could out and replacing a 1/2 gallon of water each time but it wasnt helping much. In a desperate attempt to save my spawn I decided to do 100% water change. The fry arent even a week old so I knew it was risky and I could kill the spawn. I spent an hour catching all my fry and then replaced the water. I slowly acclimated and released them. So far eveyone is fine
. I even got them to eat some golden pearls that I ground in to a fine dust. I kept one snail and will never use hornwort again.