Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 
kiwibetta11

Tatty Fins

Hey there a couple of weeks ago I purchased a new VT betta, when I got him home I noticed that his eyes were a tad cloudy. The advice I was given was to do 100% water changes every 2-3 days and they would clear up. It worked, however now I have a problem with Lucifer's fins looking tatty along the ends.

He's in a filtered 5 gallon tank with a heater, small terracotta pot some live plants and rounded stones. PH 7.0, ammonia 0, Trites and Trates are both 0 as I've just changed his water this morning

I was just wondering he tends to flare a lot whether that has damaged his fins at all I'm not sure but I'd like to see what people think.

kiwibetta11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

I think he is fine. It looks like he is growing fins back. And yes flaring can cause a tear in their fins. especially veil tales. Just keep his water clean and that is it. No salt or medication needed. If they get black and start to look melty or weird then post in the disease section again.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #3 
kiwibetta11

Thank you for the reply . Actually after yesterday he's looking much better I guess I just panicked about him, I've never had that sort of problem with my other guy with these sort of things lol
kiwibetta11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

hehe yea, betta parent syndrome. Fin issues are common with the Veil's mainly blowing them. This boy is probably going to do it a lot. It seems like once they do it once they do it a lot.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote