Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #11 
lelei

As much as I want more betta family members, I cannot afford as many fish tanks for them all.. and as far as space goes, wow.. I need a stand for a 10 gal, that I have my eye on, but I have a lot of re-arranging to do to even accomodate that.. so for now we have our "Sammy" and we are happy.. it's just hard to see all the fishy's that I know I could love and provide a good home for, that I can't have is what makes me nvious.. that so many more of you guys can do.. and with dogs, and other pets too.. wow..I commend you all:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #12 
ZubinBetta

I am daunted by the scale of some of the larger betta operations here. I currently have one betta, and when it happened a couple of years ago that I wanted a second betta (a red CT from PetCo), it was great to have them both under my roof. There were times, though, when I had to look forward to twice the water changes, and it seemed a bit burdensome. That was two fishes, both of whom have since died of more or less natural causes; I can only imagine the dedication/organization required by a room full of fishes. I don't think I could do it.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #13 
SamJustice

Yeah.
But I'm about to get two more, making it 4. XD
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #14 
MaggieLynn

I have 9, it was up to 11 and even 12 at one point but i lost half my soroity over the span of 6 months. no signs of illness. any who. have 3 girls and 5 males and a lil baby :3 my parents stopped caring, that and they are all in my room and seeing as im 20 they just dont care. water changes are a pain though especially with bigger tanks
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #15 
Sheldon31

That's why I LOVED moving out of my parents house. I could have cats (my dads alergic and my mum doesnt trust cats) and I could do what I wanted with my bedroom (within reason, I am cohabiting with Mr Sheldon after all). He does pay the electricity bill so I'm fair and don't have too much but I have my fish and movie subscriptions and he has his ipad and ps3. Me getting a second betta must have been like a car crash in slow motion though as I sorta eased him into it until we were at the lfs choosing a new fish and that's when it hit him that he'd been duped ;) Even let him think he was picking the fish himself. << Master manipulator! I did give up smoking to fund my new addiction though so I must get some kudos there.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #16 
SamJustice

lol.
+1
I may have to do that. LULZ.
much healthier than smoking. lol
SamJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #17 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Congrats on that Sheldon! I have three betta. I sorta miss the days of one.. After I got my second one I always felt like one or the other was getting ignored too much. Gilbert used to bite me, jump out of the water and terrorize me, but between 3 betta he's forgotten our good times I guess and doesn't trust me as much. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #18 
doggyhog

There are good things about only having one betta. Means more attention and care for that one. :)

The most I had at one time was 16, that got a little hectic. ;)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #19 
TheCheese909

I have 9 boys and I often think to myself.. why not make it an even 10? Then I slap my hand and and tell myself to look around my room lol. I have one 5 gallon, four 3 gallons and three 2.5 gallons. The 9th is in a 1 gallon qt at the moment.. I want to put him in a 3 gallon and upgrade one of my older fish to a 5 but I don't know if i have room for it in here. I keep all my fishes in my room, so I think if I were to do that I would have to move someone out.. and i really don't want to lol.

I started off with one last year (Valentines Day present to myself) and slowly made it up to 5 and very quickly got 4 more lol. I love my Bettas but so very often I do want to pull my hair out with all the water changes that have to be made.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #20 
betta lover1507

betta's are soo addicting o.o it's just hard to keep JUST one XD you need a handful of them , literally a handful XP LOL
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote