Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #1 
Enkil

Will he be ok?

So I got pretty distracted today. Had a lot of things around the house to get done (cleaning) along with doing laundry, watching a 4 year old, and then did some work with my puppy....

Well, it seems that while I was working on obedience with Fenris, my daughter decided that Mr. Hannibal needed to share food with her! x_x I cupped him as soon as I saw what happened. This is very stressful on him as he is just too big for the cup. While he was cupped, I use the gravel vac to drain nearly all his water. I then rinsed everything off before putting water back in. By the tie I got him back into his tank, he seemed pretty stressed.

Do you think he'll be ok? I'm unsure what food exactly it was, but I cleaned thoroughly.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #2 
ZackyBear

Keep an eye on him for a few days, but I think he should be fine -w- Did he eat any of the food?
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #3 
Enkil

It didn't look like he ate anything. He even started his "feed me" wiggle when I went to the tank.
He was very active when I cupped him and while in the cup. After, he was stressed and went to one of his favorite resting areas. He still seems ok. He's a tough one, but I worry.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #4 
nicebear24

Yeah keep an eye on him, he will most likely be O.K

Good LUCK!
nicebear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 
Enkil

Thank you.
He's still looking ok. Can't believe what he can put up with! He's been through so much. He's had to completely regrow his dorsal and put up my experimenting to find food he'd eat. Had fin rot when we bought him. He is one big tough boy.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #6 
Pacqui

aww, I always worry about one of my daughters dumping food in the tank like that! Sounds like you caught it and took action right away so you definitely have that on your side. Keep us updated!
Pacqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #7 
Enkil

Thank you.

Well, it seems that Hannibal is going to fine. He is still being his normal self. Eating very well and behaving normally. Even bit me today when I put my hand in to rearrange his barrel decoration.