Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #11 
ANHEL123

I was wondering if you need just do more water changes. I have tail bitter and his tail heals really fast when i do 1-50% and 1-100% water changes a week in his 2.5 gall.

And I guess finish his aq salt treatment of 10 days since you already did a week of the teatment.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #12 
LinkLover

His treatment is done, and his ten gallon is cycling so I do a water change every three days at the most. He is in the ten gallon, I only said I COULD put him in the 2.5, if needed. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #13 
MyRainbowBettaFish

they can change pigment as they age, but it kinda looks like what Sakura was talking about....
please view this thread and then get back to us:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=90086
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #14 
LinkLover

Initially I did think it was that, but this has been going on for weeks, and that disease was said to spread/kill in about a day. Thankfully that's not what the problem is.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #15 
ANHEL123

Sorry since i don't have 10 gall i don't know about it. But if you want to try to do what i do. I have 2.5 gall and i do 1-50% and 1-100% water changes a week and like i wrote his tail healing really fast. If you decide to transfer him to 2.5 gall keep 50% of his original water.

Also like you wrote he is eating and there is not changes in his behavior for weeks which is good so hopefully it not fast spreading disease which will kill him fast. So i think watch him very closely make sure his fins don’t get worse, red/black spots don’t get bigger/spread, make sure he don’t get lethargic (lay at the bottom and come up only for air,or may stay at the surface in corner);looks paler,color is dull, turn gray, make sure he don’t have open sores, white cottony patches….

Can you post another picture? How he doing?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #16 
ANHEL123

If he getting worse you can use medications since you already treated him with salt and it didn’t help. Just want to be sure that you used right dosage though. What dosage of the aquarium salt did you use?

Good medications for gram negative and gram positive bacteria is Tetracycling API or Maracyn and Maracyn 2. But you need to use both of them together. One is for gram positive and another one for gram negative.
Also I know that Tetracycline API you can mix with Fungas Eliminator by Jungle. So you can treat fish if it has bacterial and fungal infection at once.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #17 
LinkLover

Ok I will definitely do that if I decide to move him. He is acting normally, but it seems he is doing a lot of bottom swimming. He's not LAYING on the bottom, but he will "sit" on the bottom, and swim on that level. He still eats and gets excited to see me though. Also his fins look to me like they keep getting worse, but slowly, not rapidly. I'll try to get another picture.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

You saying that he sit on the bottom , did he do it before or it something new?
Also you saying his fins getting worse, what is the symptoms of that? Looks like you not sure?

I don't know what other people think. I am not an expert, but i would really worry if his behavior changed or will get worse and if you sure that his tail getting worse.

Also what dose of the aq salt you gave him?

EDIT:
not sure how often and how much water changed you do, but i would try to do more water changes and see if it helps.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 05-18-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

How is your betta doing?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #20 
LinkLover

Sorry, I should've been on here earlier but I had a busy weekend. He is still the same, looks like it slowly continues to get worse, but he still eats and swims, so I'm still at a loss.