Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #1 
Sheldon31

Home made tank backdrops.

I don't want a water background like with plants and shells and coral and stuff and want something to fit in with my asian theme like a cherry blossom tree or a temple. I was thinking, could I print something out and stick it to the back of the tank. I've seen a few people with home made tank backgrounds and I'm wondering how they do it?
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #2 
a123andpoof

I just taped white paper to the outside of my tank. What you could do is laminate the paper and tape it to the back using a sturdy tape. I didn't laminate, but I will in the future. Just to protect it from water spillage.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #3 
Kim

You most certainly can! It's especially easy with smaller tanks because most pictures can be printed out on standard sized paper. I've even used scrapbooking paper for backgrounds because it comes in some really neat prints and colors.

And laminating the background is an amazing idea! I'll have to try it next time.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #4 
Dementia

I love using the scrapbooking paper as random backgrounds. For Bruce Waynes tank I got a black small piece of scrapbook paper (2.5g tank) and my cousin painted the batman signal on it in yellow. Can print something out then cut certain parts out and use it as a stencil to decorate plain sheets as well. When I first did his little tank I cut out a picture from last years Star Wars calender and had it as his background (before he got deemed Batman).
Dementia is offline   Reply With Quote