Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 
fishman1126

Unhappy betta not eating/shy?

i have a 10 gal tank. the contents are 1 male crown-tale betta, 6 mickey platys, 1 albino bottom feeder thing, and a mystery snail.

well, my betta hasn't been eating to my knowledge, I've never seen him come to the surface for food, but i have seen him sort of rummaging through thew bottom of the tank for scraps.
he isn't starving because i have to feed more than enough to make sure my bottom feeder gets food, so they have been sharing these tropical flakes. and whenever i put in the betta food, the platys eat it, or push it into a corner.
i feed them right before i leave too, and when i come back all the food in the tank is gone. i also realized that the betta food says color enhancing, and since i got him his colors are way more vivid. so could it be that his eating habits are slightly off schedule than the rest of the fish, or is he becoming a bottom feeder?

please reply.
fishman1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 
lelei

I would try some pellets, they don't sink, and he would have to come to the surface to get em, I use the micro pellets from Haikari "Gold" and my "Sammy" loves em:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #3 
fishman1126

i give them pellets too, but he still isnt getting to them.
fishman1126 is offline   Reply With Quote