Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 
immtc1999

Sick Fish?

After reading as much as I could, I still have some questions. My Betta, "Doggie", was on his side, lethargic but alive about 3 days ago. I read up, stopped feeding him, have changed 50% of his water each day the past 3 days and have kept a close eye on him.
He's also got what appears to be a very long, white poop just hanging there. it was there when I first noticed his sideways floating (which I figure had to do with his swim bladder and constipation) and has gotten longer. His color isn't as vibrant as it was before but he still swims around some and responds to me...though not as much as when I first got him about 6 weeks ago.
I have him in a 2.5 gal, filtered tank with a heater. He looks like he's got a lump in the back, near his rear fins. I tried getting a photo of that but it just won't show up well. I am going to try to post a pic of his poop just in case I am wrong and it is something else.
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Attached Images

immtc1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Maybe Internal Parasites?
White Poo is one of the Symptoms.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote