Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

my DH stole my betta!

Hello all! I am new to this forum but it looks like a good place to visit and hopefully find some great information. I only recently bought a betta fish-never had one before. He is a spunky little Petco special giant plakat. I chose him because he was the biggest and appeared the healthiest. I thought he was just a dark little fish at first but when he gets excited and flares up he has lovely electric blue accents rimmed with red. Several weeks into owning him he seems happy and healthy and has ton of character. Fun fish and I couldn't be happier choosing a betta. I had a 55gal community tank for years and the hassle of buying live food for my beloved fire eel and keeping the tank clean and healthy wore out my patience after my eel died likely from some nasty funk introduced from the pet store shrimp so I sold the entire set up which I had literally too much money invested in and have been fishless for 6 years. I decided to get a small set up and the betta seems to fit the bill nicely. No sad little bowls at this house though. Earnie is enjoying his 10 gallon heated/gently filtered aquarium.
Anyway, back to the point...my husband has taken up with Earnie and has trained him to flare when he comes near the tank-like most guys Earnie is really motivated by treats. I don't even get to feed him anymore

That's OK though. I have been in contact with Sirinut Betta Farm and Siri has found me a lovely voilet butterfly HMPK pair that I would love to have. It's not set in stone though as I am waiting for MN Betta to get their next shipment in to see if there is anything I like. I would LOVE to support an American business/breeder if possible.

Anyway, look for posts here and there in other areas and help a gal out!
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Hi, and Welcome to the Forum!!! :D
You are So Lucky!!! My PetSmart doesn't sell Giants. :(
BTW I like his name. Hope to see pictures of how he looks like!
And Good Luck with the Betta you want to have!! ;P
My Betta is Motivated by Treats, too. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #3 
Sheldon31

Makes me slightly more happy that my other half isn't that bothered by my fish. He sometimes feeds them and sometimes takes an interest when picking them, he chose the tetras for my 20g community but isn't interested enough to do all the activities with them. Especially water changes and cleaning.

I hope you find a new fishy friend :) and welcome to the forum.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #4 
Twilight Storm

Welcome to the forum and back to fish! :)

Since your husband likes the giant so much maybe down the road, breeding might be a hobby you can share together. :)

There are a few people on here that have spawns "cooking." A few sell on Aquabid too. I haven't heard anything bad about Sirinut Betta Farm either. Whoever has the fish you really want I say go for it. Lovely fish have even been coming from a seller on ebay.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #5 
Enkil

My other half leaves me to my bettas. XD He helps with water changes and takes care of them in the event that I am unable (like when I had to crash on the couch when we first brought my puppy home). He does encourage me though. lol

Our little bettas do have big personalities, don't they? Make you want more. XD
We do have US breeders here on the site. If you go to the breeding section, you can usually find them through their spawn logs.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote