Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #21 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
I use an oatmeal based shampoo on my pup. It's supposed to only keep fleas and ticks at bay, but I've noticed that it has worked on ALL biting insects. There had been something biting his underside (left these little infected bites).
The stuff I bought is called Sergeant's Skip-Flea & Tick. You'd have to do a bath every 10 days if you wanted to use just the shampoo though. One I bought has a Hawaiian Ginger scent. XD

I only use all natural products on Emma these days. Her food will also soon change to all raw.
her shampoo is a green tea shampoo. doing great on her skin and her new flea control is going to be the ACV. I think I've linked 90% of her itching issues to her previous flea control (advantage and advantix)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #22 
Enkil

Sounds like a good idea. They really do put too much into stuff that our poor pets just don't need or don't digest for proper nutrition.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #23 
Shirleythebetta

Stupid thing is, I have never had to treat my three dogs for fleas and ticks. They don't get them the little weirdos. Not that I am complaining. Maybe it's the massive amounts of moles I have living in my yard? Eh I dunno but I am NOT complaining!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #24 
Laki

Ha I'd be so freaked out if we had moles!! lol
Actually I think we do but not in the city. :/

I always wanted a monkey for picking fleas off my pets. Of course, that would end up in the monkey potentially killing the dog/cat and fleas getting overpopulated bc a monkey would have to spend hours at a time chasing them down and plucking them.

The ACV worked?!? YAY!!! Somehow dogs love the taste! lol I hate the smell. I used to soak the vinegar with water in my dog's food overnight for feeding (because he had ALL his teeth but wouldn't chew his food -_-'' ) so the smell diluted a bit.
Let me know of the cat drinks it! I have a cat fountain but I don't want to ruin a filter if Oliver doesn't like the vinegar in it!! lol

I'm all about natural methods too :) Most allergy problems in dogs and basically all in cats are caused by diet. I only feed holistic and it really has made the difference. My cat atm doesn't get holistic wet food but there's no by-products, grains or by-products.

Again, I'm so glad your pup likes the vinegar!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #25 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Ha I'd be so freaked out if we had moles!! lol
Actually I think we do but not in the city. :/

I always wanted a monkey for picking fleas off my pets. Of course, that would end up in the monkey potentially killing the dog/cat and fleas getting overpopulated bc a monkey would have to spend hours at a time chasing them down and plucking them.

The ACV worked?!? YAY!!! Somehow dogs love the taste! lol I hate the smell. I used to soak the vinegar with water in my dog's food overnight for feeding (because he had ALL his teeth but wouldn't chew his food -_-'' ) so the smell diluted a bit.
Let me know of the cat drinks it! I have a cat fountain but I don't want to ruin a filter if Oliver doesn't like the vinegar in it!! lol

I'm all about natural methods too :) Most allergy problems in dogs and basically all in cats are caused by diet. I only feed holistic and it really has made the difference. My cat atm doesn't get holistic wet food but there's no by-products, grains or by-products.

Again, I'm so glad your pup likes the vinegar!
I am quite happy she likes it as well. The cat never drank the water the whole night it had the ACV in it. When i put down a fresh bowl she ran to it like she hadn't seen water in 3 days.
So this morning I tried adding it to her morning can food treat. She wasn't very pleased with the ACV being on it. She even came back to me for more canned food WITHOUT the ACV.. I stayed stubborn and later on she gave in and ate it. I hope she eats it tomorrow morning as well.
Emma had some hesitation to eat her food with it this morning. But she still ate it.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #26 
Laki

Cats are such worms aren't they??? hahaa
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #27 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Cats are such worms aren't they??? hahaa
yesh
spoiled ferel cat she is ;)