Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 
Ramble

They're really good looking! Th blue one is coloring up nicely! Is the other one all-white?

Last edited by Ramble; 05-22-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #12 
JailBreakLove

I couldn't really tell if it was a beard, it was really fast, Maybe a reaction to Smiley?

and the white one has a bit of an iridescent look to it, and some red-ish tones to it, but for the most part it's all white... and I can kind of see her innerds!!

When I got them all of them looked the same, I studied them for like 30mins and thought I saw more red in Smiley and more blue in JailBreak... looks like I was kind of right ((:
JailBreakLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds like you're doing a great job with them. Oh and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #14 
BettaBaited

It will only take a few months to show thier long beautiful tails if they're males. From what I've heard, most of them are VTs. Don't be in too big of a hurry, just watch them grow- that's the fun part! :D
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #15 
JailBreakLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It sounds like you're doing a great job with them. Oh and welcome to the forum.
Thank you ((: I've been seeing you around A.LOT. on here (: maybe you could give me some tips, I'm going out and getting heaters and such for them with my next pay check (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
It will only take a few months to show thier long beautiful tails if they're males. From what I've heard, most of them are VTs. Don't be in too big of a hurry, just watch them grow- that's the fun part! :D
well I've had them for a smig over a month now, so hopefully they will start to show their true colors soon (:
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

How are they doing now? Yeah, I spend a lot of time on here. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #17 
lelei

Congrats on the 2 new family members:)
and Yes, It sounds like your a great betta mommy..theese lil fishy's are very entertaining..and you will fall in love with them very quickly..As I did when we got ours..I love the one in your Avi..very pretty:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #18 
JailBreakLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
How are they doing now? Yeah, I spend a lot of time on here. Lol
They are doing GREAT! I posted new pictures of them yesterday (: JailBreak is DEF. a male. From what others have said he's either a HM or a HMPK.
And with Smiley, pretty sure she's a she. And from what others have seen from her (She's pretty camera shy) she's a VT.

If you could look at them both and tell me what you think their colors would be classified as... I'd be ur best friend ;P

But as for their behavior, I got them both little heaters last weekend and they are SO much more active!! And I'm pretty sure that JailBreak was building a bubble nest yesterday, haven't really checked on them too much yet today tho. I'll post pictures if he in fact did (:
Old 05-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #19 
lelei

I wish I had more betta knowledge, so I really wouldn't know classifications..sorry..new to this myself, Sammy has only been with us for a couple of months. and I am still learning as I go:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #20 
JailBreakLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Congrats on the 2 new family members:)
and Yes, It sounds like your a great betta mommy..theese lil fishy's are very entertaining..and you will fall in love with them very quickly..As I did when we got ours..I love the one in your Avi..very pretty:)
lol I try to do what I can (: and yea, the one in my avi is my boy, JailBreak (: We named him that because when we first got him, (a) he wouldn't come out of the cup when we used the net and (b) he keeps swimming into the glass of the tank :P looked like he was trying to break out!

Smiley has a very small (now faint) line on her face that makes it look like shes smiling all the time (: my bestie and I sat there for like an hour with our faces pressed up against the glass looking at how pretty they were....

We're pretty weird

Tags
baby betta, growth, newbie, tail growth, tail type