Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #1 
xShainax

Getting bit by the betta bug

What made you fall in love with betta's? My friend got me a beautiful blue and red VT named Antoine for Christmas after persuading my parents to let me have a companion in my room. He passed away 3 weeks after I got him. My dad took me to Petsmart where I fell in love with a blue, turquoise, and red betta I named Lucifer.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

i actually don't remember XD i started liking them on december 2010 all i know, lol
i started off with a blue VT male, but wasn't my first betta. i've been having betta's since i was 5, and i never put one under a 1 gallon by my memory
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #3 
a123andpoof

I wanted a fish tank, just something to decorate my room was thinking tetras. Well then I went to walmart and saw the bettas at first I was like no thanks, but looked at the betta tanks, then came and did some reasearch and fell in love. Keiichi was my first betta got him back in march 2010. Unfortunaly he has passed. But he got me hooked as a few weeks later I added a female.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

I wanted a fish I could keep in a cup on my desk, the way the petshops did.

Then I did research and though, wow, fish are awesome. The pretty bettas made me go "Oooh", then I actually got one and fell for her personality too. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
What made you fall in love with betta's? My friend got me a beautiful blue and red VT named Antoine for Christmas after persuading my parents to let me have a companion in my room. He passed away 3 weeks after I got him. My dad took me to Petsmart where I fell in love with a blue, turquoise, and red betta I named Lucifer.
I first got a betta because I wanted a fish and I believed that bettas would live well in tiny plastic containers with no heater and no filter. After going through 3 bettas in 1 year, I gave up... I am bad when it comes to dealing with deaths, even fish. Three years later, when we were at walmart, I finally convinced my dad to get me a fish! I walked down the fish aisle and saw so many dead/dying bettas. :( Then I went where they keep the females and there was a bright orange veiltail swimming in such a tiny cup!

I picked her, did my research and she now has a 10 gallon filtered, heated tank. (although she only NEEDS 5 gal)...
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I was setting up a 2.5 gallon shrimp tank as my first tank.. It'd been empty for a couple weeks with just some plants. My dad asked my why don't I just put a betta in it, and I was like aw what the heck why not. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #7 
Spazzfish

On one particular weekend after an intense day of basketball practice and a boat load of the dreaded algabra home work, my mom took me to the store. When I went to goget kitty litter I spotted a beautiful white betta I had never seen a crown tail before but I was hooked. I went back to get him the next day but he was gone :( it broke my heart but he opened a pathway into the betta world.
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #8 
Sheldon31

I wanted a fish tank and was going to have just guppies or something similar. My mother in law baught me a 10g hex but then kept it for herself and I was back hunting for a tank so spent a lot of time looking at different breeds and types and then I came across a yahoo answers post. Someone asking what was the prettiest tropical fish she could keep in fresh water? Betta's were the general answer off most people and I was curious to what these popular fish were that for some reason, I'd never heard of!

After months of researching I decided it was the species for me. The inlaws got a huge corner tank and offered me the hex but it was tall and I wantd it to be long for it to be better for a betta. Eventually I picked up my 20g long (which I thought was a 15gallon!) for 30 with a filter, heater and some decor, got my Ky a month later and fell in love with him. Now I am preparing for a new boy or girl :D
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #9 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
I wanted a fish tank and was going to have just guppies or something similar. My mother in law baught me a 10g hex but then kept it for herself and I was back hunting for a tank so spent a lot of time looking at different breeds and types and then I came across a yahoo answers post. Someone asking what was the prettiest tropical fish she could keep in fresh water? Betta's were the general answer off most people and I was curious to what these popular fish were that for some reason, I'd never heard of!

After months of researching I decided it was the species for me. The inlaws got a huge corner tank and offered me the hex but it was tall and I wantd it to be long for it to be better for a betta. Eventually I picked up my 20g long (which I thought was a 15gallon!) for 30 with a filter, heater and some decor, got my Ky a month later and fell in love with him. Now I am preparing for a new boy or girl :D
I have 2 already, a short tail delta boy and a beautiful marbled CT male. My dad is letting me buy my first one online that is cheap.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #10 
ZackyBear

Last year with my roommate was when I got into bettas. We had gotten 2, but we were one of the people who kept them in little glass bowls or vases.

When I did more research and found this forum, I felt horrible and immediately upgraded our fishies. Then when me and the roomy split she took them. Ever since then I've been lurking threads and learning different things. I finally got my own betta yesterday. And I love him to death.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote